From the article: Out of Body Experiences
Share Post: Astral flight or out-of-body experiences can feel surreal, exhilarating, or even frightening. Have you had an OBE that you would care to share? Where did you go? What do you remember? What did it feel like? Was it a wild ride? Share Your OBE Story
- It only happens when my room is pitch black, I feel like I have woken up and my room is a little lighter, I look at my fiancée and she has a devilish smile from ear to ear staring back at me and she won't take her eyes off me and I freak out and run for the light switch. Just before I get there I feel paralyzed, then start falling back. Just before I hit my head I sit bolt upright in bed sweating and out of breath. It happens about a dozen times a week. I'm scared to sleep, the scariest thing is once the smile starts there is a horrible deep malicious laugh following it.
- —Guest chris
Not Sure But It Happened
- I had this dream a couple years ago I believe I was around 20, I was renting out a house from a family friend. I lived there by myself and never really got spooked out about stuff. It was a normal night I came home from work showered, cooked dinner and went to lay down in my room. I went to sleep with alot on my mind this night I think I may have been asking my grandfather for guidance and feeling upset about his passing. But I went to sleep and had no dream, and it seemed as if I just appeared in a white space (not a room because I didnt feel like i could see any walls for one and for two it was too big to be a room I remember feeling like it was limitless in space) I was the only one that I could see or hear in this space, but i felt as if there were hundreds of thousands of others there. I began to walk and looked to my left and saw an older truck and seen my grandfather in his twenties and we started talking. I wake up and im sitting up on the edge of my bed looking at the window.
- —Guest Alexander
Dream or OBE?
- I can't figure out if my experience was a dream or an OBE. I'm leaving towards a dream because I have no recollection of getting pulled out if or out back into my physical body. Basically, I remember hovering over and looking down upon my body which was in my own bathtub underwater..eyes closed. I don't remember feeling any emotion. I just remember calmly thinking to myself, while looking down, "hmm... I must be dead." And that's it. I don't remember going back to my actual body or anything. Any information would be appreciated because it's bugging the crap out of me. I need to know what that was.
- —Guest Jnc1223
- For months as I was falling asleep a humming noise would start very similar to the sound of power conductors. As the sound became louder I'd be going through a wall - sometimes zipping through my house or the apartments attached to mine. Most of the time I'd fly out of my window, straight up into the stars. When this happens there's never any sound... I can see people talking & trees blowing around but can not hear any voices or feel the wind. I always come back to my body the way I left. Wonder what the point is of "astral travel"? Why does it happen so inconsistently?
- —Guest Kimmyk
Scared of Sleeping
- I was sleeping at my friends house and I started to fall asleep. But then I felt my heart pulsate through my whole body. I'm 16 years old and I don't have any heart conditions that I know of. It was hard for me to say anything! I was frozen and could see but my eyes where not open. The longer this goes on the more I can feel my heart beat. I hate the sensation it makes me feel like i don't have control of my body. Sometimes I am scared of sleeping and then not being to wake up again. If you know what is happening to me please help.
- —Guest karolyn
- I have had near out of body experiences before where I will feel my heart beating really hard, like it's coming out my chest and that's when I would wake. I just went to sleep less than an hour ago and it started out as a normal dream but then I very briefly woke up and fell straight asleep. This is where I felt my chest go numb and was scared, I heard strange music and suddenly started to get pulled towards my window like I was really floating! I heard a strange creepy laugh and tried to scream but my voice was so quiet! My eyes felt glued shut although I could see what was going on. I then tried to open them as hard as I could and then got even more scared and woke up, now I'm to scared to sleep!!_ :(
- —Guest courtney
What's happening to me?
- I had woke up in the middle of night to get a drink of water from a water bottle next to my bed. As soon as I was preparing to lie back down I felt as if I was forcefully shoved into my pillow. The next thing I know I'm laying on a cold table in a white room completely paralyzed. I proceed to hear what sounds like someone behind me rummaging through what I believe to be surgical tools. When I try to move around to get a look at the character behind me I hear what I believe to be a woman on a balcony yelling "she's waking up. Do something she's waking up". My heart was racing and I knew that I was still asleep so I use every ounce of energy in my body to force myself to wake up from this terrifying obe or lucid dream. Once I wake up I sit up in my bed and I'm drenched in sweat terrified to go back to sleep for the rest of that night.
- —Guest Emilee
Like I was Somewhere else
- I recently started studying in a city far away from where I actually live. Some nights I'd get so lonely I wished I could find a way back home which could bring me back here as well. Yesterday, whilst doing research, I was intensely busy with my work, playing music in the background with a fan on behind me. I felt at home, which is where I wished I was, because I knew it wasn't my home, I started getting emotional and longed back home. This was when I realized I wasn't where I thought I was. Without looking around I realized that it seemed like my room, but something was different. I suddenly heard someone call my name and when I turned around I was back in my room where I was studying...
- —Guest Ant-on-knee
Felt Like Fainting
- I was just about to sleep, half a sleep when suddenly I was unable to move and when I looked over my shoulder I saw a child floating above me... facing at me. Then the child moved closer until it reached me.. I could not move nor do anything so I shouted at the top of my lungs, then all of a sudden I woke up. I don't even know if I totally woke up or had been up the whole time. After that it seems I fainted cause right after that, it was already morning.
- —Guest shy
I don't understand what was going on.
- I had a scary dream. I dreamt I was falling into deep sleep and someone had turned the lights off in the room. I felt like something statted pulling me out of ny body. I tried to turn the lights on, then I noticed I was dreaming because I couldn't get the light to turn on. I saw my sister sleeping and I tried screaming her name 3 times but no sound came out. I turned around and saw my body asleep and I screamed but still no sound.i started gasping for air and felt like I couldn't breathe anymore so I started making an effort on waking up. I got so freaked out. I can't go back to sleep.
- —Guest syndi
Falling and Floating
- When I was 6 or 7 I always dreamed or had an experience of floating and flying in air and the background was pitch black. I couldn't see anything. and I used to wake up all of a sudden. When I used to fall down in that experience but after waking up,Ii used to find myself on my bed only... as if it as just a dream.
What was it?
- When I was small I always felt like I wasn't in this world anymore and I couldn't seem to wake up at all even though I was conscious. The dreamIi had felt very short when I had actually slept four hours more than the usual... is it OBE?
- —Guest Jade Rivera
- I was sleeping as a kid 3-6 years old when I felt my body floating. I felt the wind and everything I saw a light but could barely open my eyes finally after a second or two I fell down and felt the whole thing. I even bumped on the bed. I woke up and just fell asleep. This happened just about every year.
- —Guest RichX
My astral projection
- I fell asleep last night but it was different this time. I astral projected I think. I left my body and sat down by my sleeping body and watched my self sleep. I wasn't scared.. I went for a walk around my house and came back in the room I sat back down again my body awoke and talked with me It starts getting scary my body wanted me to take all my pills than my body talked with me I cried my body laid back down and fell asleep I was still out of my body I went to where my pills were and tip all of them in my head. I was in my bathroom mirror but put them back, laid back down and came back in my body. I woke up thirsty, sore head pounding like I'm not all here.. I feel weird still.
- —Guest something odd
- Alright so I was sleeping, then I floated out of my body, and got pulled through the wall! I saw much of the world or at least the dream world... I guess. So now I have trouble sleeping. I feel better knowing others feel my pain. I also saw my parents die when I was going back in my body! I thought it was real! Dang that was scary.
- —Guest Jackson
1-15 of 156Next