From the article: Out of Body Experiences
Share Post: Astral flight or out-of-body experiences can feel surreal, exhilarating, or even frightening. Have you had an OBE that you would care to share? Where did you go? What do you remember? What did it feel like? Was it a wild ride? Share Your OBE Story
- I am a 16 year old girl. Okay, I discovered that I had sleep paralysis about a year ago and have never until just a few moments ago have an OBE at-least I think that's what it was. It was crazy, I was laying here in my bed and drifted off into a dream, but my dream was of me laying there in my bed about ready to throw up? But as soon as I lean over to the side of my bed to puke my body was right back onto my bed? And then I felt for some reason I may have has a heart attack I don't know why though? My body started to just lift as if my spirit was slowly rising up, my arms spreading out and my legs following. My body was tingling but yet this feeling was peaceful? Yet scary, I thought.. am I dying? As I am still having this floating sensation and then I was praying to God, and then I thought about my family and friends, just everything! Then I said.. I guess this must be my time to go:( then I was just letting it do it's thing and BAM I "woke up" even though I felt awake the WHOLE time.
- —Guest Sclm8494
- I have had OBE since i was 16. I don't understand how I can be spinning and flying through the universe one minute.. and if somebody wakes me I open my eyes and am actually back in my body? Very weird. Last night before I left my body I had flashing white light around me...anyone know what this is? I usually keep my eyes closed as can see spirits or stuff and do not wish to as can be quite scary.
- —Guest sophia
- I woke up at 5am, went to the bathroom and went back to bed. Couldn't fall asleep again right away so I laid there, turned on my right side and I felt numb (I'm a nurse so I thought..am I having a stroke? Lol). So I changed positions and about 10 mins later as I got drowsy I felt tingles on the left side of my head down to my cheekbone. I thought this is weird and why just on the left side? I guess I drifted off to sleep but then again I was awakened by loud humming and sounds of "rushing" energy, intense vibrations and my heart was loud and racing. I knew then what it was. So I said to myself... relax, it's ok.. just let it happen! It felt like I put my arms out like to float or fly and as I moved up towards the ceiling, id get scared and move back into myself. Ea time, I'd say...relax it's ok. I did that three times back and forth! The third time I finally got all the way out! Then I "fell" back to bed. And scooted back "into my body." Hate being scared! Any tips?
- —Guest matt
My first obe experience
- It was the night before snowboarding I recall March 12, 2013. I was sleeping in my bed when all of a sudden I felt as though I had been awakened. As I glanced around I noticed myself sleeping in my bed and my room around me. I didn't know what to make of it, was I dreaming or was I dead ?? Instantly I was confused and scared, I thought to myself I am surely dead, this isn't a normal dream. Then my feelings changed from being confused and scared to being sad. I thought of all my friends, my life and all the things I had yet to accomplish. I told myself I am not ready to go yet and fell back asleep, Moments later I woke up and I knew it was over. Are obe experiences happy to everyone or is there a deeper mystery that is unknown ??
- —Guest anonymous
You tell me?!
- Well first off I've definitely have had OBE before and SP. I've never tried actually projecting myself somewhere else but am looking forward to trying. Anyways wanted to share an experience I've had an see what people think. Ok well I passed out an "woke up" laying still body tingling feeling amazing. This was one time I accepted it and just want with the flow as long as I could but I remember being dragged off my bed and being spun around. Idk why this was happening then I made it back to the bed and began to start fighting it. Seeing my phone on my bed I was trying to grab it and I could move my arms or atleast it felt as if I could but couldn't manage to grab my phone. Becoming even more frustrated I slapped my bed a few times to prove that I could move & I finally was able to feel my phone but then looked an there my phone was not in my hand but on the bed with my hand being underneath the covers which I could still feel the phone. Finally I awoke and grabbed my phone & made a call
- —Guest J lays
I See Myself!!
- One night when I was sleeping, I could see myself on top of my actualy body...It was so weired it was like something was putting all there strengh into my body by slightly lifting me up. I felt really stiff in my dream and couldn't move to fight this 'thing off me' I then woke up feeling anxious, cold, shivering... More like a fit, and sweating. I really don't know what this means, people say its an out experience death but I felt more terrorized than dying. What does this mean?? Please help.
- —Guest Molly Angel
Moving sleep paralysis
- I have sleep paralysis very often. I have practice enough where I can move my arms and legs. I can move them right in front of my face, feeling each arm and hand with the other. But can't see them. I can lift my leg in front of my face felling it but can't see it. Anybody else gotten to this stage?
- —Guest Nate
Drug induced OBE?
- I had been smoking quite a bit of synthetic cannabis and I laid out on the grass in the sun, all of a sudden I breathed out and the breath got dimmer and dimmer as I felt my body being dragged upward, all I could see was black and like my body was glowing as it floated. I felt like I was dying it was so horrific. I took a deep breath in, out of nowhere, and gasped for air as I sat up and began crying, I seriously thought I was dying, never thought it could be an OBE at the time.
- —Guest yoruichi
- Much of what I read here is sleep paralysis. Google it. Once you read up on it and understand it, you won't be so scared when it happens. As one poster commented, if you just "go with it" its kinda cool. Hope this helps :)
- —Guest DreamsInColor
My OBE story!
- I think I've had an OBE before I've read about 10 different stories about them & it seems very similar to mine. I'm 14 years old & I have had an OBE about 4 or 5 times since I was 12... 99.9% of the time I fall asleep of my side or stomach, But I will be sleeping and I cant feel my body be raised but I feel my body about a foot off my bed in the air & I'm on my back when this happens , immediately once I feel that I'm raised above my bed my whole body drops back onto my bed & I can feel when I hit the bed I can hear my mattress hit my head board , I can feel my blankets touch me once I hit the bed again.. but my eyes are closed and I'm sleeping but I know what's happening. I can't see myself when this happens but I can feel & hear everything that's going on when it does happen. Please let me know if this is an OBE.! Thank you.
- —Guest Cheyenne
Free Fell from the Ceiling
- I don't care who reads this or who believes me but I wanted to write it down. I have had these crazy dreams since I was around 8 (being 21 now). They started off so vividly, the first time I was laying on the couch in a room with my siblings watching tv, close my eyes for just a moment, and the next thing I knew I was at the top of the 25 ft family room looking down at myself. The same show was playing, and my siblings were awake, but there I was floating above my own body. Everything was warm and my stomach felt weird but I saw my floating hands and felt my legs clack like dangling on a roller coaster. Just when I was really processing it, it all gave out and iI free fell from the ceiling toward the couch at my body, and the millisecond I made contact in the dream I violently jolted awake for real to the extent in which my body popped up 6 inches off the couch screaming. My brother and sister were laughing but asked how I woke up and made my whole body jump up.
- —Guest will
Did i have a partial OBE?
- It was very first time trying OBE and did as I was told, started clearing my mind. I think iI got to 'vibration state' because I was having very low frequenced and heavy vibration all over my body. Then I started trying to 'get away' from my body, by focusing on object above me, kinda wanting to levitate to it. But every time I tried, my sight blackened and I saw such a giant shadow like flying over me. Is that normal? It was scary. Then, at one point, I think I almost had an OBE. All feelings, hearing and such you know, they kinda moved to my head's right side about 50cm right from my head. I couldn't move them back to right place. What does that mean? It was very odd and I didn't realize I may have had an partial OBE, because I didn't have any special abilities to move or such, and I have read that OBE would start above body, not by its side. But well, did I have an OBE, or even partial one? Could someone please answer me? :)
- —Guest me
Looking down on myself
- I have these certain kind of "dreams" where my spirit comes out of my body and I watch over myself and float around my room.. it feels so real and I am half conscious when it happens. I'm always afraid of it though and I fight it.. but when I let it happen it feels as if I'm traveling or something, when my spirit comes out of my body there's this noise that sounds like time travel or a rapid motion. I don't know what these dreams/OBE's are but I would really like to find out.
- —Guest Angel
Flight last night!
- Last night I was flying. I am only 15. This happens a lot so I am kinda used to it but sometimes it scares me badly! I been having to sleep on the couch in the living room because every time I sleep in my room something is there. I go to bed about 9:00. Something black stood at my door and my body couldn't move. I was scared and I just heard my breath nothing else my eyes were open looking at it and then I try to scream, I can't . I hate that when it does that to me! But the thing was just a tall skinny black thing it looks like its floating. Someone, please tell me something I can do!! I told my uncle Wayne about it and he says that it has happened to him twice. I was like I didn't know that anyone else could have that too, it's very scary!! Now flying out of my body does happen, I can meet someone in my dream and in real life meet them andI just like haven't. I met you before!
- —Guest Angel
Don't be afraid! This is actually a gift
- I'm 18, and it started out with me remembering dreams. Sometimes they would be vivid. The past few nights in a row, I've found myself laying in bed. I'm totally conscious of what is going on around me while my eyes are closed. Slowly my body starts to feel very heavy and I lose my sense of touch. This is usually where a lot of people feel fear, just let the experience happen. Resisting will make you panic & when you finally do move or wake up, it takes forever to go back to sleep. You eventually leave your body. There is a cord that will stick out your chest & lead you back into your body, so don't worry about getting back. Call (through thought) for your spirit guide and/or angels if you get scared, every person has a few & they will help you out. A guide or family member is often the "thing" you see nearby. Think of a place or person to go to & you will instantly be there. Time & Space is no restriction. Just think of your body when you want to come back.
- —Guest Alpha
1-15 of 102Next