astronomy soothes tinnitus
- Two days after my 50th birthday I began getting a ringing in my left ear. Now that I realize I have Tinnitus most likely from playing in a rock band & working in a loud factory for many years. I can offer to others the peace & tranquility I receive from my life long passion of astronomy, which is observing the moon, planets, & deep sky wonders of the night sky. Keeping your mind relaxed is important to cope. Clear Skies! KC
- —Guest kevin charles
- Mine has been with me for 15 years and it recently took another big increase in volume. Yes it's really loud but I refuse to change my attitude and my goals in life. Just plain forget about it and be thankful for what you have. Get use to it and move on, you've got bigger fish to fry!
- —Guest JJ
- I have a bench in my shower, I sit and let the water run. It shuts out the noise for a while.
- —Guest Bonnie
- I have a bench in my shower, I sit and let the water run.It shuts out the noise for a while.
- —Guest Bonnie
- Silence is golden so the song goes, obviously the song writer isn't a sufferer. Bedtime is the worst time ,I have Radio 4 on with the sleep button set for an hour . I usually drop off with boredom, or, some of the voices are so soothing, they are like tranquilisers, and lull me to sleep. Worrying is a definite no-no It's there, for whatever reason, and it is not terminal, just ANNOYING
- —Guest gemini
Stopped praying worked
- Prayed hard for years for it the ringing to subside. Gave up all hope for a cure (or mild release form the ring). THREE DAYS after stopping praying, I noticed it was completely gone. Maybe the stress of waiting for a miracle was the cause? If stress is the cause for you, here is the cure (as seen on a cheese whiz jar) - keep cool but do not freeze. Praying ... I could have wished on a rabbit's foot and at least came out of it with a keychain.
- —Guest Carl
Forget About It!
- Since a head injury over 4 years ago, both ears scream so loud they hurt. The only solution I've found is being distracted/forgetting about it. If you think of the ring/scream it only gets worse. Only other solution was being inside a locomotive where the noise is deafening anyway.
Cut out Coffee
- I've had ringinh in my ears for years. At first meds worked and it went away for a few years. Now the ringing is back. I have found no coffee helps. There is a lot of information on line besides what you learn from a good ear doctor. So many of us use sound machines at night to help sleep. It works try it but always remember if you get up tight the ring gets worse.
- —Guest Linda D
- I had been taking extra strength aspirin for a long time, I suddenly got tinnitus 8 days back. I'm now taking zinc,b12, gingko biloba, 4drops of hydrogen peroxide in the ear canal everyday. And rubbing outside of ears with castor oil. Today I feel little better , will keep you updated. Stay brave xx
- —Guest Shireen
Stress Related Tinnitus
- I started with tinnitus when I asked for leave at my job. They refused the leave and began calling and harassing and threatening my job. It lasted on and off. When I left the job after 10 years, my tinnitus left for about 3 years. I know that tinnitus comes from chronic stress, not normal stress. I started having problems at the new job after ten years, being bullied and it came back. I walk and walk to pure exertion until it disappears, sometime it works and then other times it does not. So far I had it in September of 2012, lasted 12 days, left for 6 months and now it is back. I usually know when it will come because of lack of sleep.
- —Guest Patricia
- I contracted this condition about 6 months ago very suddenly. It seems it is just one of those crosses some of us need to carry. I have a friend who is completely deaf since birth so I think about him when it gets bad. I can still listen to music, hear the birds singing, children playing et... Having a strong mind is importatn and meditation helps me achieve that. What creates the suffering is the constant desire for it to stop. If you are not constantly hoping, praying it will stop then you will not suffer as much. I tried going on a no sugar diet for two weeks and although the Tinnitus did not improve I felt better because I stuck with the plan, had more energy and was more in control. Courage people. It's all relative. Count your blessings.
- —Guest Mitch
- I've had very loud tinnitus for many years in both ears, and I've had a cochlear implant since 1989, and when my implant processor batteries die, my noise immediately triples. I have music or other sound playing much of the time to help combat the 24-hr. a day very loud hissing noise - it helps to concentrate on something other than the noise. My noise used to be a variety of different sounds, but now it is just s loud, constant "SHHHHHHHHHH"
- I feel your pain Denise The dizziness you mention sounds like vertigo. There's an exercise for it on YouTube. The video's called the Epley Maneuver. The very last part is something that can be done alone. It should be done 3 times a day with 5 reps in each session. Each position should be held for 30 seconds at a time. Eyes should be fixed on a spot that is 7 feet high the entire time...as though someone was standing over you. For temporary relief I found this, might be permanent relief for some? http://health.learninginfo.org/tinnitus.htm
- —Guest JC
- I have ringing in my ears for over a year now. I don't know what to do. I am very frustrated. I went to see the doctor when it first happened. It started when I was at work one day. My right ear felt blocked, I went to see the doctor and they thought maybe it's just congestion. When the pressure in my ear was relieved after a couple of days, the ringing started and I've had it since. I'm trying to cope with it. I do know that being ill and stress does make the noise louder and worst. I've also been experiencing vertigo as well. Scary.
- —Guest hope
I have Tinnitus in both ears and Meniere
- I have been suffering with tinnitus and Meniere's disease for 27 years. I have it now in my both ears. I have a booming sound in my left ear and my right ear is hissing etc. I have tried herbs, products that are suppose to stop it... crap. I am at wits end now as I don't know what to do? I am having vertigo attacks and they are so scarey from the Meniere's disease. I take 0.5 mgs of Rivotril at bedtime but am going to get another prescription for amitripilene to help me get rid of some of the stress from all this noise in my head and ears 24/7. I pray each day to find peace and quiet . Everyone on this site is so positive in their thoughts and that is good. We all suffer together with tinnitus and it is horrible. No one seems to understand only those of us that have it. I am at wits end too but I hope and pray someday there will be a cure or a pill for relief.