Although I would seldom recommend rushing a healing session a full Reiki treatment involves time that we may not always have the luxury for. In any event, a shorter session is better than none at all.
These Reiki hand positions work very well for treating a client who is sitting upright in a chair. If it is not feasible for the client to sit forward enough away from the back of the chair for you to place your hand on their back lay your hand on the back of the chair. The Reiki energy will pass through the chair to the person. This is especially good to know if you are working with a client who is in a wheelchair. Make sure you (the facilitator) are comfortable even if that means that you are sitting in a chair alongside the client. It can get quite tiresome to do a chair treatment from a standing position... bending over, etc. Do your best not to give your patient the impression that you are in a hurry. Use the short time available to you in a calm state of relaxation. Hands positions are done with your palms touching the client's body.
Basic instructions for carrying out a quick treatment:
- 1st position - Gently lay your hands on your client's shoulder.
- 2nd position - Gently lay your hands on the top of the head.
- 3rd position - Lay one hand on the Medulla oblongata (the area between the back of the heat and the top of the spine) and the other on the forehead.
- 4th position - Lay one hand on the seventh (protruding) cervical vertebrae and the other in the pit of the throat.
- 5th position - Lay one hand on the breastbone and the other on the back at the same height.
- 6th position - Lay one hand on the solar plexus (stomach) and the other at the same height on the back.
- 7th position - Lay one hand on the lower stomach and the other at the bottom of the back at the same height.
Hand placements for conducting a full Reiki treatment
image © Photos.com
Article Dateline: March 20 1998