The Tibetan Prayer Wheel is a cylindrical wheel set atop a spindle. It is used as a "focusing tool" for reciting mantras, visualizing, and prayer intentions.
Traditional Prayer Wheel Practice
- Spin prayer wheel in clockwise direction.
- Recite mantra: Om Mani Padme Hum
- Visualize white light beams shooting out from the prayer wheel.
- Intend the light to bathe you, both your physical body and auric body.
- Pray for purification, healing, and enlightenment.
- Embrace the Four Immeasurables (Love, Compassion, Joy and Equanimity)