1. Religion & Spirituality
Phylameana lila Desy

What Do You Call It?

By September 25, 2012

the universeMost people feel a spiritual connection to a "God-Source" or higher power. This "connected-feeling" comes from a place of knowing in which we feel compelled to communicate with through our thoughts, prayers, or meditation. Some people feel closely connected to the source, actively feeling they are a part of something bigger. Others feel detached from it, yet reach for it readily whenever seeking answers or wisdom.

What Do You Call Your Power Connection?

Without wanting to get into a debate over belief systems (arguing about what is the right or wrong name for it is pointless), I'm curious as to what readers commonly label this connection. I generally call it "the universe" - but that's me. How about you? Please answer the poll, and feel free to post a comment if you wish to share your thoughts about this subject. How connected do you feel?

~ Healing Lesson of the Day ~
~ Affirmation of the Day ~
Comments
November 6, 2007 at 9:05 am
(1) Lillian Shipp says:

I totally believe in the Universe, Planets, and Luminaries. I believe in it so much that I actually set
my life by them. No matter what you believe it they are one in the same we as people are more connected than we are led to believe.

November 6, 2007 at 9:43 am
(2) Jamie says:

I chose “other” because my preference is “Mother Father God”. I do use God a lot though, because that is the word I grew up with. But to me “God” is all encompassing, meaning the Universe, Spirit, God, Goddess, Creator, Higher Self, etc. I try to say Mother Father God to acknowledge the divine feminine part of Spirit.

November 6, 2007 at 10:18 am
(3) manjeet says:

i feel connected to the Universe and planets, and strange i even feel connected to inanimate things too. Like if am about to throw out a peice of furniture, i see and feel the tears and pleading to me “Pleas edon`t throw me “I am unable to explain my connection to people,when i predict any event for them.

November 6, 2007 at 11:32 am
(4) Blissful says:

I voted for Universe because I use it most, but I also use Higher self, supreme intelligence and God

November 7, 2007 at 11:41 am
(5) Cookie says:

I feel the Creator inside my heart and speak with the Creator as a dear, trusted and treasured friend. I also speak with all things-the living and inanimate. We are all one. Peace, love, harmony and balance.

November 8, 2007 at 7:56 pm
(6) lotus whitedragon says:

I voted for Goddess because I use it most. However I also use the Creator, Great Mother, Divine, the Universe, or sometimes Buddha Consciousness or Great Spirit. There are so many terms for It!

However, I see the Creator as a perfect balance between Masculine and Feminine energies. So, I will refer to It as Mother or Father, depending.

November 16, 2007 at 7:28 pm
(7) Rick says:

For Me……There is no higher power than the “I AM Self, I Am!

For Me……The purest thought possible is….”I AM”

Beyond the “I AM, I Am”, everything else is just an experience of the “I AM, I Am”.

I am the Essence and the Reflection of the original thought….”I AM”.

That is just my perspective!
Rick

November 17, 2007 at 5:30 am
(8) Rose says:

Mine is the Universe, it’s energy & spirituality I am given. I believe in the spirituality & energy of all beings on the Universe. I feel & sense things that others may not only because I try to be spiritual to the best of my ability. I do not base the Universe on human vs. “true” animal, male vs. female, true, free love vs. traditional beliefs of love. . I try to connect to a deeper level of the Universe & “self” with the energy & spirituality I am given. I want to be able to feel the force of all being’s energy & spirituality. And I believe the Universe is the heart of this.

September 14, 2009 at 9:53 pm
(9) yogisusan says:

I automatically refer to the divine in my life as God, but on occasion will use “the Universe” as well. It has been shown that things that we perceive as solid are actually about 2% molecules and 98% empty space, and I choose to believe that God is in the empty space. So God and the Universe are essentially the same thing to me.