From the article: Answers to Your Smudging Questions
Share Post: Have you had a positive experience with smudging? Please share why you feel smudging helps or explain why you would recommend smudging to others. Why Smudging Works
Craziest thing happened Smudging
- Last night, I began the smudging process after my boyfriend left the house because he thought that by burning sage was a form of voodoo. I told him it wasn't and given my strong native American background, I found it necessary to heal and protect our apartment. Since we moved in over the past 2 months, I have been sick twice, suffered 10 stitches to my face, he lost his job. My boyfriend can see spirits and thought he saw a man sitting in our kitchen. Well ever since then, I felt a presence. When I started smudging, I opened the windows and the side door as my gateways, I went to the corners it led me to and as I was doing this, I was invoking positive energy over the things I wanted for myself and our home. No sooner did I finish, I get a call from my boyfriend who had just left and not so far from home, got in a car accident, wasn't hurt but car was totaled. I almost feel as if the negative spirit or energy left and somehow went after him or in that direction. It was just strange.
- —Guest rochelle
Slept Like Babies
- My daughter and I are used to the shadows and voices so unless they present a direct threat or we feel extra anxiety or sleeplessness, I don't sage. However, my daughter had a friend (one who has stayed numerous times and knows we have spirits) stay the night last night and ended up totally freaked out because some male spirit was standing in the doorway and telling her to leave, that she was not wanted there. So I got up at midnight when she came to me crying and saged the entire house. She calmed down enough to sleep and my daughter and I slept like babies :) I really should do that more often...
- —Guest Michielle
Sage + Frankincense
- When my marriage was heading for the dumps, my home was a sad, sad place to live in. My 3 daughters aged 7, 5, and 3 at the time were most affected by the frequent arguments between my ex and me. 4 years later the divorce was finally over but the sadness in my house still lingered. I stared drinking and pubbing most nights, bringing home women I picked up at the pub and did just about all an angry man would do. Last year I suffered a stroke. While in hospital my sister told me about smudging, etc. and advised me to do a thorough cleansing. I didn't believe it at first but decided to give it a try. One word - AMAZING. That was 11 months ago and I am still doing it once a week. Being a Catholic I follow up the cleansing with frankincense. The changes in my house and in me have been amazing. I finally succeeded in giving up smoking, I don't have the urge to want to go pubbing, although I do have a couple of drinks in the comfort of my now peaceful home. I just love my life now...
- —Guest Allan
Felt sorry for house spirit.
- When we transferred to a rental house, I smudged it during the day. One night I dreamed of a man standing at the foot of the second flight of stairs in the house. The man was dressed in dark pants and long sleeves. I could see his face looking sad. He said to me "this is my house." When I woke up I felt sad for the man because I was like driving him away with my smudgings. I asked my wife if somebody has died in the house. My wife said according to the real estate agent that indeed a former owner of the house died in there. Since then, I did not do anymore smudgings until we transfered to another house. I just let the house spirit live in there.
- —Guest Arturo
Attacked while smudging
- Smudging must work as it is clearly provocative. While smudging a room reportedly by a family I knew having a poltergeist outbreak in their son's room I was attacked. As I started smudging near his bedroom and the laundry room a pair of his dirty underwear was hurled at me along with his socks. I then proceeded to smudge the laundry room to loud screams and smudged the tween's underwear. The family now reports all disturbances have ended!
- —Guest Kathy
I love smudging
- I just moved into a new rental home and the first month was horrible for my family. We couldn't sleep and argued nonstop. My landlord told me last week that the woman who lives here for several years had arguments all the time. I also have a stressful work environment. I just had enough. I smudged my entire home and myself with sage. I've never felt so peaceful and lighter. My home is a joy to be in now.
- —Guest Jasmine
- We have a lot of stress in our lives that can't be avoided. I pray and meditate for a positive atmosphere, though there is nothing noticeably out of whack. Maintenance I guess. But when I lose my calm, every once in awhile I'll smudge each room to keep from filling my place with negativity. Tonight I had a ton of anxiety. I smudged just now and it's gone. Could be the sage, could be a the placebo effect, either way, it did ultimately work, and I feel better. -cheaper and healthier than booze and cigarettes!
- —Guest 3to5D
Works for Minor Problems
- Smudging might work for some lesser earthbound spirits but good luck trying to smudge away a demon-most people who praise the merits of smudging don't even really have a enity in their residence, they just think they do. Smudging also is pretty ineffective against a developing poltergeist attack. Holy water is much more effective than smudging. Why is smudging so popular? One reason is with so many agnostics who have rather negative attitudes toward Christianity today, they feel somewhat put off by having to resort to methods that would validate the idea of a demonic world and the power of Jesus to address such enities so smudging becomes a fast and easy solution when they start getting spooked. Does it work at all? Yes, it works provided you have a rather minor problem.
- —Guest Jim
Smudging my home
- I lit a candle and left it by the fireplace, so if it got knocked over it would be ok. I smudged all the downstairs, went around each doorway, let the smoke go into the closets, went in a clockwise direction. I let the smoke travel upstairs, I smudged our attic, I opened my son's room and opened his window so that the bad spirits could leave. I went back down to where I started and placed the whole stick inside a duck incense burner until it burned out. The smoke reached every inch of this house. I have left the candle burning. I will blow it out before I go to bed, but I believe all the negative energy is gone. Only good spirits are still here.
- —Guest Betty Johnson
Smudging is the ultimate relaxation
- I love smudging. It removes all bad feelings or thoughts... I'd say it removes ANY thoughts. you just exist. and you're happy. It definitely works.
- —Guest Genesis
First Time Smudger
- I used smudging with sage for the first time yesterday. My home had a lot of negative energy from the previous owners and I felt it was affecting me and members of my family. I smudged the whole house and felt light and calmness afterward. Strangely, I fell into a deep sleep later that night. For some unexplained reason, I was very tired and fell asleep on the sofa. My husband said he tried to wake me, but could not. I have never slept so soundly before. When I woke, I felt nauseous. I don't know why this is. I suspect that a lot of negative energy is leaving my body because, even though I feel sick, I am filled with gratitude, love and happiness!
- —Guest Guest Lady K
smudging a negative apartment
- I ordered a smudge stick off of ebay and used it right away with a video on youtube. I feel the effects immediately. I feel happy and daughter was a bit down is now smiling... thank you smudge angels....
- —Guest Gail
- Yesterday I came home to smudge. I have had some disturbing things going on in my house. This thing stands in the corner by the dresser and is so tall, I don't know how it gets in the room. It looks as if it is wearing a Sari and all that can be seen are the eyes, and they look like little light bulbs. It is definitely a male presence. When you stand at the dresser it leans on you and at night it is darker than the darkest spots in the room so you know it is there. This thing is pretty scary and it is affecting my kids. Another thing in the house wakes you up by yelling in your ear that we think is a child. It doesn't hurt us, it just aggravates us to the point of not getting any sleep. The thing that taps us on the head seems to be female because just before it taps and you can hear it's bracelets clinking. From now on, I will smudge whenever I feel someone has left negative energy in our home or just to create a positive atmosphere.
- —Guest AprilNC
Our Home is Now Ours.
- We moved into a 2 year old house that we fell in love with. I had a feeling the house had been broken into and mentioned it to our lovely neighbours. It seems the house had been ram raided by the police due to drugs. I knew there was "something" , especially in our bedroom. By chance I was watching a TV show and discovered sage smudging. I could see the negative energy going into the smoke in several of the rooms. It works, I know it does. Just did it the 2nd time and included the exterior. Apparently it puts like a mirror on the outside to detract the negative energy. I recommend it, our home is now ours.
- —Guest lin
Sage or cedar is best for smudging (imo)
- We are most vulnerable when we sleep from both physical and spiritual attacks. That is why I smudge anywhere new where I must stay the night, as a way to purify the area and protect me while I sleep from dark spirits.
- —Guest midnight
1-15 of 52Next