: Have you had a positive experience with smudging? Please share why you feel smudging helps or explain why you would recommend smudging to others. Why Smudging Works
- Our house had always been very peaceful and calm until one night.. I had heard of this device called a "ghost box" before, but never used one. A good friend of mine lent me his so I decided to give it a try. A bunch of horrible things started to happen after I used it. What ever I had invited into my home began effecting not only me, but my family members as well. I decided it was time to break out the sage. I smudged every room in the house and said prayers during the process. I'm glad I decided to. Now there is peace in my home. I definitely learned two things; smudging absolutely works, and to NEVER play with a ghost box. It's soooo not worth the danger.
- —Guest Elli
Makes me forget
- I burn it, it makes me forget that time my uncle raped me.Instant fixes are great.
- —Guest Tehe
First time trying smudging
- My son and his family (3 young kids) had moved into a new house. They began to see "things." A man on the stairway with "crazy hair." Fog in the room of the 3 year old. A carpet flying out of the bathroom into the hallway. Plus many others. It was starting to be more aggressive. I read up on smudging. Armed with what I needed I went to their house while not at home and went through it with a vengeance. Every nook and cranny got saged and lavendered. Upstairs and to the basement. I repeated loudly and angrily for the spirits to leave that house. I opened the doors from time to time to release them. Okay...I overdid it. It had to be aired out when son came home. It has been about 6 months now and so far no sightings. My chant was loud and clear and repeatedly. "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to leave! You are scaring my family and I won't allow that to happen anymore! Get out"! I have personally had sightings in the past and present. But from relatives passing.
Smudge Stick White Sage
- Moving into a new place can be overwhelming not too mention of the place you move to its history.
This new place I've just moved to does have a serious history that does not sit with me well at all.
It had a very serious fire here and the home was rebuilt on the half in which it was burnt. The previous renter and landlord wont go into detail about the accident if there was one.
I've decided to smudge the entire place because of the individual that was in spirit sit next too me, and also several smells, (wont mention) and alarms going off for no reasons. etc.
I'm hoping this will solve the problems I'm having and clear this energy that continues to be not were it should be.
It has worked before on other situations but not as serious as this.
Any other ideas??
- —Guest -J9
It really does work!
- I tried smudging for the first time last night after being at a very tense family get together. I am very sensitive so these events usually leave me depleted and depressed for at least a day. I used the incense I had on hand and smudged myself and my room. I repeated words about clearing the negativity from my body, my mind, my soul and my emotional body. I then put the incense down after about 10-15min and declared that as the incense continues to burn, it will also continue to clear the negativity. I am AMAZED at how I felt relieved immediately! I thought trying it couldn't hurt, but it left me with more energy and I actually stopped thinking about the evening and series of events. Instead, I took some time to read and catch up on "me" time. I didn't even think about the toxic people I had spent the evening with. I highly recommend this to anyone who is sensitive, empathic or anyone needing help ridding themselves of negative energy. More cost effective than a therapist!!
- —Guest PG
- My first experience with sage was at a Reiki circle. I liked what sage did but as I suffered from COPD and the smoke was irritating to me and I wasn't sure I wanted to repeat the experience. When I was Sedona I was introduced to Bluestar ceremonial white sage spray. It contains 100% wildcrafted and artisan made cold extruded white sage essence and activated spring water. It has the same properties without the smoke. I use it to clear my aura, my Reiki room and my home.
- —Guest Gaiaweh
Smudging has worked for me too
- I've smudged my home several times and each time afterwards I'm amazed at how peaceful and calm the space feels. I have had several instances where I could just feel that a negative energy was present and the smudging ritual made the negative energy go away.
- —Guest Brenda
- It can cleanse objects and the room around you. Smudging makes a good incense and is used by many native tribes.
- —Guest birch tree
What is the best technique for smudging?
- Burn incense stick, in my office, my home and as I have plenty of sage in my garden, also, some of the dry branches....
- I too work around sick people--those treated for cancer, as well as terminal pts. This is great to clear that energy that is connected to me and cleanse my home. Smudging should be a staple among all spiritual folks. I usually smudge once a week with sage, followed by myrhh and then frankenscense. I cleanse, then sweeten my environment. It does makes a big difference.
- —Guest Maxine
Forces negative spirits away
- My mom has been smudging for quite a while, and I've been dabbling with it at her house for a while. I never really needed to cleanse myself or my house very often because there is no negative people in my life anymore. It wasn't until recently that I started smudging in my own home. A few weeks ago I started hearing things around the house in the night. My cousin has heard it, too. It got to the point where I dreaded being home alone in my own home. I now smudge myself and the house every few days, and I haven't had as many encounters, and my home feels like home. From now on, I'll always have a sage smudging stick around, and smudge once a week. I recommend it to everyone. :)
- —Guest vanessa
- I am just now getting into it due to depression, being around sick people or negativity. I find it to make me calmer and the effect being immediate.
- —Guest jillybean
Smudge Away Negative Thoughts
- i want to use smudge to get negetive thoughts out of my head without saying them.
- —Guest shaneshia
First time smudging
- I smudged today for the first time and it left me feeling positive.T he reason I needed change was because I am surrounded by negativity and am totally drained. I will contine with this healing and am positive all will be well soon.
- —Guest Louise
To clear negeative energy
- I smudge my home, and myself. I work in home care, and I'm around people who are sick, and cling to me emotionally. It's really draining. I come home depressed, and worn out almost all the time. My current patient is extremely negative and causes a lot of stress for her family members, and myself. I find myself bringing this energy home with me, and smudging has been a god send. I smudged my two year old daughter and she always has this huge smile one her face. "Mommy I like it!" she says! I would recommend this to anyone who is dealing with negative people/energy.
- —Guest Nicole