Please Note: The submission form for reader input has been temporarily disabled.
It worked but not how I thought
- I smudged the apartment my boyfriend and I were sharing. He had a rough childhood and the effects of it still surface, so we were in a bad space and I felt it in the air. When I smudged I prayed and asked that all negative and evil spirits leave my home and replace it with lightness and love. Guess what? He moved out. Not the results I was looking for, but results nonetheless.
- —Guest Crissy
Smudging the first time...
- The first time I smudged my home my son and I (we are both Reiki masters) had terrible nightmares for 2 days after the smudging. I spoke to a medium friend of mine and she said my friendly spirits (husband, other family members) were confused and upset that they were told to leave, one must be specific when smudging. When smudging you must say the friendly energy can stay but the negative must leave. I tried this method and low and behold my son and I had no further nightmares.
- —Guest amie
The house feels so much lighter
- I moved in with my boyfriend who is currently going through a divorce. I felt his wife's negative energy as soon as I walked in the door for the first time. Even though she's been gone for some time now her negativity is present. I was having nightmares at least once a week including last night that involved a negative spirit. I had been trying to grant my boyfriend's wishes by not smudging because he doesn't believe in that sort of thing. Today I woke up from another nightmare and had enough! I immediately burnt my sage and cleansed the house including every single corner. Chanting negative energy out, only positive love and light in. Opening the windows to let the negative out then cleaning myself.. Sure enough I feel lighter the house feels lighter. Things will be better from now on. I did it while he was at work and if ask I'll tell the truth but if he never ask no harm no foul. Now I feel like I can rest and will do so.
- —Guest guest
- Our house had always been very peaceful and calm until one night.. I had heard of this device called a "ghost box" before, but never used one. A good friend of mine lent me his so I decided to give it a try. A bunch of horrible things started to happen after I used it. What ever I had invited into my home began effecting not only me, but my family members as well. I decided it was time to break out the sage. I smudged every room in the house and said prayers during the process. I'm glad I decided to. Now there is peace in my home. I definitely learned two things; smudging absolutely works, and to NEVER play with a ghost box. It's soooo not worth the danger.
- —Guest Elli
Makes me forget
- I burn it, it makes me forget that time my uncle raped me.Instant fixes are great.
- —Guest Tehe
First time trying smudging
- My son and his family (3 young kids) had moved into a new house. They began to see "things." A man on the stairway with "crazy hair." Fog in the room of the 3 year old. A carpet flying out of the bathroom into the hallway. Plus many others. It was starting to be more aggressive. I read up on smudging. Armed with what I needed I went to their house while not at home and went through it with a vengeance. Every nook and cranny got saged and lavendered. Upstairs and to the basement. I repeated loudly and angrily for the spirits to leave that house. I opened the doors from time to time to release them. Okay...I overdid it. It had to be aired out when son came home. It has been about 6 months now and so far no sightings. My chant was loud and clear and repeatedly. "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to leave! You are scaring my family and I won't allow that to happen anymore! Get out"! I have personally had sightings in the past and present. But from relatives passing.
Smudge Stick White Sage
- Moving into a new place can be overwhelming not too mention of the place you move to its history. This new place I've just moved to does have a serious history that does not sit with me well at all. It had a very serious fire here and the home was rebuilt on the half in which it was burnt. The previous renter and landlord wont go into detail about the accident if there was one. I've decided to smudge the entire place because of the individual that was in spirit sit next too me, and also several smells, (wont mention) and alarms going off for no reasons. etc. I'm hoping this will solve the problems I'm having and clear this energy that continues to be not were it should be. It has worked before on other situations but not as serious as this. Any other ideas??
- —Guest -J9
It really does work!
- I tried smudging for the first time last night after being at a very tense family get together. I am very sensitive so these events usually leave me depleted and depressed for at least a day. I used the incense I had on hand and smudged myself and my room. I repeated words about clearing the negativity from my body, my mind, my soul and my emotional body. I then put the incense down after about 10-15min and declared that as the incense continues to burn, it will also continue to clear the negativity. I am AMAZED at how I felt relieved immediately! I thought trying it couldn't hurt, but it left me with more energy and I actually stopped thinking about the evening and series of events. Instead, I took some time to read and catch up on "me" time. I didn't even think about the toxic people I had spent the evening with. I highly recommend this to anyone who is sensitive, empathic or anyone needing help ridding themselves of negative energy. More cost effective than a therapist!!
- —Guest PG
- My first experience with sage was at a Reiki circle. I liked what sage did but as I suffered from COPD and the smoke was irritating to me and I wasn't sure I wanted to repeat the experience. When I was Sedona I was introduced to Bluestar ceremonial white sage spray. It contains 100% wildcrafted and artisan made cold extruded white sage essence and activated spring water. It has the same properties without the smoke. I use it to clear my aura, my Reiki room and my home.
- —Guest Gaiaweh
Smudging has worked for me too
- I've smudged my home several times and each time afterwards I'm amazed at how peaceful and calm the space feels. I have had several instances where I could just feel that a negative energy was present and the smudging ritual made the negative energy go away.
- —Guest Brenda
- It can cleanse objects and the room around you. Smudging makes a good incense and is used by many native tribes.
- —Guest birch tree
What is the best technique for smudging?
- Burn incense stick, in my office, my home and as I have plenty of sage in my garden, also, some of the dry branches....
- I too work around sick people--those treated for cancer, as well as terminal pts. This is great to clear that energy that is connected to me and cleanse my home. Smudging should be a staple among all spiritual folks. I usually smudge once a week with sage, followed by myrhh and then frankenscense. I cleanse, then sweeten my environment. It does makes a big difference.
- —Guest Maxine
Forces negative spirits away
- My mom has been smudging for quite a while, and I've been dabbling with it at her house for a while. I never really needed to cleanse myself or my house very often because there is no negative people in my life anymore. It wasn't until recently that I started smudging in my own home. A few weeks ago I started hearing things around the house in the night. My cousin has heard it, too. It got to the point where I dreaded being home alone in my own home. I now smudge myself and the house every few days, and I haven't had as many encounters, and my home feels like home. From now on, I'll always have a sage smudging stick around, and smudge once a week. I recommend it to everyone. :)
- —Guest vanessa
- I am just now getting into it due to depression, being around sick people or negativity. I find it to make me calmer and the effect being immediate.
- —Guest jillybean