Reiki Practitioners: You are invited to share your personal attunement stories here. When you received your first Reiki attunement did it surprise you in any way? Were you energized, elated, overwhelmed or underwhelmed? Did you visualize a past life or unleash a repressed memory? How about afterwards, did you experience any side effects? Also, were you attuned in person or energetically over a distance? Share Your Experience
Post Reiki II intense upheaval
- I received my Reiki II attunement yesterday and have been experiencing intense upheaval in the form of a healing crisis. Last night I had a terrible sleep. Lots of tossing and turning, night sweats, coughing fits, intense dreams and talking in my sleep. I woke several times whispering very fast, my mouth so dry that words could barley form. Today I feel as though I have been hit by a truck and every muscle in my body aches. I have had a headache since the middle of the night that an advil did not help. After my Reiki I, I had some interesting experiences including a strange force slamming a door on my head as I tried to walk through. Actually after Reiki I (about 7 months ago) my head was hit 3 times in obscure ways. Though overall I did not feel achy only emotional then uplifted. I am curious to see how the next few weeks go post this attunement. I plan to Reiki myself daily and journal my dreams and experiences. I am hopeful this ache will pass soon... Blessings
- —Guest Tricia
Changed My Life - Had strange experience
- I received Reiki 1 and 2 trainig in sequential days. During Reiki 1 training I cried at the 1st attunement, and then saw a blinding bright light when my eyes were closed at the second attunement. In Reiki 2 attunement, I smelled insence of some kind, and the bright light again. I felt so full of peace and love. My 2 years of shoulder pain was gone after that day. Its been 2 weeks and I have practiced every day. While doing Reiki on the neck on someone, I felt the usual 'tingling, maybe more intense than the other locations - but- then I felt a choking in my own throat and started feeling closed up and needed to cough a bit. I checked my position. I had not been coughing or choked up at all that day, nor the rest of the day. When I moved onto the chest, the choking feeling left me. The person did not have any known throat issues. I did not mention my choking feeling to her either. Has this happened to anyone you know before?
- —Guest Roz
- My first time was 2 weeks ago. I had never been to a Reiki Circle before and a friend kept talking about it so I decided to go with her. Music was playing and we were told to close our eyes and go into a meditative state. It wasn't a guided meditation so I found it pretty easy since I meditated before. When the woman came to me I felt warmth and a very bright white light covered me. It was amazing. I had hoped that when I went this week it would be similar. It wasn't. This week my empath feelings decided to take over and I felt someone getting very sick. They had a sore throat and a headache. Then I was taken to see my 2 older children and 1 was also getting sick but it wasn't an illness sick it was more of from something he ingested. And my oldest was packing his things to move. I'm thinking that maybe I just wasn't into the Reiki today and that's why my guide was showing these things to me. We'll see what happens next week.
Attunement to Reiki is a Spiritual Hit!
- 1st level of Reiki and the attunement process was a powerful spiritual experience! We did a deep relaxing meditation prior to the attunement, and then when the teacher asked us to close our eyes and hold our palms up - is where the true mysticism started! When the teacher touched the top of my head, I felt pulsating warm sensation in the Crown chakra and someone's illusory touch on the center of my forehead. And when the teacher touched the palms of my hands, I felt as if she put there a warm pulsating heart, and all my hands got warm and tingling. As a powerful bonus, I also had a lot of visual recollections of my past lives unfolding in front of my closed eyes just like slides. I felt deep melancholy and really like crying during the attunement, I really felt like a bodyless spirit looking at myself from far aside. After the attunement I really felt more at peace, slept better, had less worries about anything. Now i'm on 21 days post-attunement fasting and love it!:)
- —Guest Sofia Siberia
How to feel energy
- 1) Rub your hands together vigorously. Hold them about 12" apart, and slowly move them close together and further apart. You should feel a bubble: your Ki bubble. This is energy :-D 2) Gassho, and thank the Source for the opportunity to bring healing to the person on your couch. Bring your thumbs to your third eye chakra with hands still in Gassho, and ask to become srtongly aware of any differences in their energy field which will help facilitate healing. Then begin to scan - move your hands slowly across their body until you feel a disturbance; heat, cold, tingling, wriggling, or something that needs clearing. Clear it, and continue. Again, you're feeling energy here. Hope this helps :-D
- —Guest James Reiki Master
reiki 2 reactions
- I had severe reactions to a reiki 2 attunement. Wound up in the er and was put on morphine for extreme pain. 6 weeks later still dealing within and health problems that popped up out of nowhere. Don't know what to do with this.
- —Guest enchanted
Attuned to Reiki I & II in Same Day
- I, too received Reiki 1 and 2 in the same day. Experienced an acceleration of heart rate to about 100 beats per minute (usually in the 60's). This lasted overnight. Experienced the colors, bright, hot pink and purple. I did not do Reiki for a period of months, The attunements last. Energy level is low when starting back, but with practice, becomes greater. I do self treatments daily. Have not experienced healing, but makes living with scoliosis and arthritis much easier. Practice on my husband, who has a long standing back severe back injury. It is helpful with his pain and muscle spasms. I continue to see colors, still pink and purple, but have added blue, green, red that usually shades to yellow. I usually feel more serene and relaxed after seeing a lot of colors.
- —Guest Eileen
Attuned since birth?
- I've always had dreams (as far back as being an infant that I can remember) that are very similar to descriptions of enlightenment and becoming attuned to Reiki. Within the past year, these dreams have manifested into visions while wide awake. I can feel things without touching them. I can feel people and gather a sense of whether they are emitting energy good or bad. The palms of my hands feel magnetic, HOT, and electrical. Some people that I shake hands with can feel it as well, as though the transfer of energy enters their existence. Is it possible to be attuned by an existence that is seeking one out? I've seen orbs of light be presented to me that I follow and become completely overwhelmed and consumed by pure energy. I no longer have insomnia, feel anger (I used to have a very volatile temper), and I am in a constant state of happiness. I can gather what it is I want, need, and desire out of life. The elegant and comforting feeling does not leave my body or hands.
- —Guest HAZ
- I had reiki 1 and 2 attunement yesterday. I really didn't feel much of anything except feeling rocky or wobbly while receiving it. Now today, I've been extremely achy. I researched it and it seems like a common occurrence. So common, they call it "reiki-achie. I hope that is normal and I want to feel like I'm doing it. Practice,practice, practice
- —Guest Namaste
Native American Indians
- As I received my attunement via Skype (level 1). I had the string feeling that I was a red Indian woman, strong and warrior like. I felt as though I was being initiated into something that I was ready to receive. Like I had passed many tests to become worthy of it. So it felt like getting an award of some sort. It's been one day. Hands feel different. Self practice relaxes me into sleep and ive had insomnia for years. It's great to read everyone's experiences.
- —Guest Jupiter
- I am Level I&II attuned but have never had any of the experiences that others describe. Some of the people I give Reiki to have described various sensations. Why as a practitioner do I feel nothing. I have been practising for about a year.
- —Guest JanetRF
reiki level 1
- I got attuned by my reiki master on level 1. I started seeing red Indians when I was going of to sleep, I also kept having hot and cold sweats. I;m going to do my level 2 soon and am looking forward to it, reiki has changed my life in a good positive way.
- —Guest claire
- After the Attunement I felt a surge of energy like no other. It was incredible. I also felt a great deal of joy and inner well being. I also felt that other people were drawn to me and wanted to connect with me. I happily gave up drinking alcohol and had no desire whatsoever towards alcohol. At the end of the 3rd week after Attunement a shift occurred which left me feeling extremely tired and I really looked within myself - took a deep look into my truest desires and goals. After those 7 days I went back to being supercharged and full of energy. One other thing I've noticed is the extreme heat I feel in my hands most of the time. It is a lovely reminder of the loving energy that flows through me now.
- —Guest Lisa Marie
Reiki 1 attunement
- I went through my level 1 Reiki class yesterday. During attunement a tiger showed up and paced back and forth in front of me. What was that about? I have felt teary ever since. Never experienced anything like it. Can't wait to see what happens next.
- —Guest Sandy
- Three weeks after my first attunement I was sitting in my car waiting for somebody when suddenly I began to see these transparent orbs moving around in front of me, as I began to drive I could still see what I can only describe orbs, this went on for about fifteen to twenty minutes I imagine. Location had nothing to do with this. Any comments?
- —Guest vincent