Reiki Practitioners: You are invited to share your personal attunement stories here. When you received your first Reiki attunement did it surprise you in any way? Were you energized, elated, overwhelmed or underwhelmed? Did you visualize a past life or unleash a repressed memory? How about afterwards, did you experience any side effects? Also, were you attuned in person or energetically over a distance? Share Your Experience
How to feel energy
- 1) Rub your hands together vigorously. Hold them about 12" apart, and slowly move them close together and further apart. You should feel a bubble: your Ki bubble. This is energy :-D 2) Gassho, and thank the Source for the opportunity to bring healing to the person on your couch. Bring your thumbs to your third eye chakra with hands still in Gassho, and ask to become srtongly aware of any differences in their energy field which will help facilitate healing. Then begin to scan - move your hands slowly across their body until you feel a disturbance; heat, cold, tingling, wriggling, or something that needs clearing. Clear it, and continue. Again, you're feeling energy here. Hope this helps :-D
- —Guest James Reiki Master
reiki 2 reactions
- I had severe reactions to a reiki 2 attunement. Wound up in the er and was put on morphine for extreme pain. 6 weeks later still dealing within and health problems that popped up out of nowhere. Don't know what to do with this.
- —Guest enchanted
Attuned to Reiki I & II in Same Day
- I, too received Reiki 1 and 2 in the same day. Experienced an acceleration of heart rate to about 100 beats per minute (usually in the 60's). This lasted overnight. Experienced the colors, bright, hot pink and purple. I did not do Reiki for a period of months, The attunements last. Energy level is low when starting back, but with practice, becomes greater. I do self treatments daily. Have not experienced healing, but makes living with scoliosis and arthritis much easier. Practice on my husband, who has a long standing back severe back injury. It is helpful with his pain and muscle spasms. I continue to see colors, still pink and purple, but have added blue, green, red that usually shades to yellow. I usually feel more serene and relaxed after seeing a lot of colors.
- —Guest Eileen
Attuned since birth?
- I've always had dreams (as far back as being an infant that I can remember) that are very similar to descriptions of enlightenment and becoming attuned to Reiki. Within the past year, these dreams have manifested into visions while wide awake. I can feel things without touching them. I can feel people and gather a sense of whether they are emitting energy good or bad. The palms of my hands feel magnetic, HOT, and electrical. Some people that I shake hands with can feel it as well, as though the transfer of energy enters their existence. Is it possible to be attuned by an existence that is seeking one out? I've seen orbs of light be presented to me that I follow and become completely overwhelmed and consumed by pure energy. I no longer have insomnia, feel anger (I used to have a very volatile temper), and I am in a constant state of happiness. I can gather what it is I want, need, and desire out of life. The elegant and comforting feeling does not leave my body or hands.
- —Guest HAZ
- I had reiki 1 and 2 attunement yesterday. I really didn't feel much of anything except feeling rocky or wobbly while receiving it. Now today, I've been extremely achy. I researched it and it seems like a common occurrence. So common, they call it "reiki-achie. I hope that is normal and I want to feel like I'm doing it. Practice,practice, practice
- —Guest Namaste
Native American Indians
- As I received my attunement via Skype (level 1). I had the string feeling that I was a red Indian woman, strong and warrior like. I felt as though I was being initiated into something that I was ready to receive. Like I had passed many tests to become worthy of it. So it felt like getting an award of some sort. It's been one day. Hands feel different. Self practice relaxes me into sleep and ive had insomnia for years. It's great to read everyone's experiences.
- —Guest Jupiter
- I am Level I&II attuned but have never had any of the experiences that others describe. Some of the people I give Reiki to have described various sensations. Why as a practitioner do I feel nothing. I have been practising for about a year.
- —Guest JanetRF
reiki level 1
- I got attuned by my reiki master on level 1. I started seeing red Indians when I was going of to sleep, I also kept having hot and cold sweats. I;m going to do my level 2 soon and am looking forward to it, reiki has changed my life in a good positive way.
- —Guest claire
- After the Attunement I felt a surge of energy like no other. It was incredible. I also felt a great deal of joy and inner well being. I also felt that other people were drawn to me and wanted to connect with me. I happily gave up drinking alcohol and had no desire whatsoever towards alcohol. At the end of the 3rd week after Attunement a shift occurred which left me feeling extremely tired and I really looked within myself - took a deep look into my truest desires and goals. After those 7 days I went back to being supercharged and full of energy. One other thing I've noticed is the extreme heat I feel in my hands most of the time. It is a lovely reminder of the loving energy that flows through me now.
- —Guest Lisa Marie
Reiki 1 attunement
- I went through my level 1 Reiki class yesterday. During attunement a tiger showed up and paced back and forth in front of me. What was that about? I have felt teary ever since. Never experienced anything like it. Can't wait to see what happens next.
- —Guest Sandy
- Three weeks after my first attunement I was sitting in my car waiting for somebody when suddenly I began to see these transparent orbs moving around in front of me, as I began to drive I could still see what I can only describe orbs, this went on for about fifteen to twenty minutes I imagine. Location had nothing to do with this. Any comments?
- —Guest vincent
@ guest S Lynn
- Hi there. When you were taught, were you not taught about the 21-day clearing process? It seems that, if you weren't, your teacher wasn't very experienced, nor did they cover much. It's normally a staple in Reiki I.
- —Guest James
@ Guest Tron
- Hi Tron... You could try doing Gassho, and asking for the ability to feel a certain person's energy (as long as that person is there, with you) then move your hands, still in Gassho, up to your third eye and ask that you have an accurate ability to feel any imbalances in so-and-so's energy. Return to Gassho for a few moments and get a-feeling ;)
- —Guest James
@ Guest Shae
- The energy force in your room... Could it be your spirit guide? It's certainly benevolent if it's stronger after reiki love and light... ask it... do Gassho, feel a connection to it and ask your question.
- —Guest James
Attuned in a dream
- I was reading a lot of esoteric literature at that time, not much about Reiki though, it was something of a mystery for me. One night in my dream I've seen my hands filling up with a powerful light, I could feel a strong energy pressure on my palms. That felt great, though I didn't notice the source of the energy. I thought that dream was some sort of invitation for healing, still I didn't think about Reiki. Shortly I met a guy in a bookshop, who was offering spiritual healing to people around. I accepted the offer and within a few minutes received a powerful stream of energy to all my body and aura. The energy to my hands was just like in my dream. The healing was very short, but it was heavenly. My husband received the healing after me, but he felt nothing like that at all. The healer was very modest, he hardly talked, he didn't mention Reiki, nor die he ask for any money. That was the day I received initiation.
- —Guest Lelya