Reiki Practitioners: You are invited to share your personal attunement stories here. When you received your first Reiki attunement did it surprise you in any way? Were you energized, elated, overwhelmed or underwhelmed? Did you visualize a past life or unleash a repressed memory? How about afterwards, did you experience any side effects? Also, were you attuned in person or energetically over a distance? Share Your Experience
- Received a Reiki 1 Attunement a day ago and the only difference I noticed was body aches. During the attunement I felt a ball of energy in my hands at one point but nothing else. I was wondering if thus is usual or should I have felt or seen more?
- —Guest Soulflower_Ra
Advice from a Reiki Master
- Reiki is an energy, a loving, healing energy accessible to anyone. When I first was attuned, it gave me the awareness and tools to heal my chronic anxiety and chronic stomach aches. People who have been attuned who say they "feel nothing," you are looking too hard for a "feeling." Not everyone's extra senses are touch. You might be getting signals in the form or taste, or a knowing, or a smell, or a inner picture in your mind. The other thing that I would say to you, is that Reiki is even more effective if you can remove as much of your ego from the equation as possible. If you are getting tired in the middle of your sessions, that is a good sign that your ego is present. You are feeling tired because you are not using the help of the Reiki energy. You're using your own energy. The solution is to ask Spirit/God/Your Lineage to please help you release your ego. I like to say in my mind, "I'm going to step aside, please freely use my hands to help this person in their healing."
- —Guest Kathryn
Self Attunement Book
- I bought a book on my tablet, through the play book store, and the author gives you an attunement that you receive by rehearsing a chant. My reiki teacher was always too busy to return my request for an attunement, so I decided to put it in my own hands. To be sure I was doing the right thing, i turned to my angel cards and asked "should I proceed with the attunement today?" and the card that turned up was "Energy healing." Basically, Yes! Go for it! I had an hour long kosher salt bath (all I had in the house) and lit a candle, to help cleanse my aura as the book had suggested. I went to my special alter area in my room, arranged all my crystals based by intuition, smudged the room with sage, sat on my knees, and meditated. Once I felt ready, I recited the chant twice (even though once is all that is necessary.) Suddenly I felt my body changing. It literally felt like my cells were going through a transformation. It tingled in my body, one area at a time. I developed some kind of ability to energy heal last summer, after i met my twin flame, but I would always have to try hard. After my attunement, it was suddenly effortless. Also, the nature of the energy was different. It was gentler. I got up and my foot tingled because it had fallen asleep, but as soon as I rested my hand on it, the pain went away. I can feel that it has unblocked my heart chakra, and people suddenly recieve my energy very well. Suddenly strangers smile at me all the time. Before the attunement, strangers didn't like me until they got to know me, probably due to my anxiety. Now I am always calm, and much bubblier. I have also been dreaming more, I usually don't dream much. Although the dreams are not so great. Overall though, it is a worthy experience, and the best thing to remember is as long as you are fearless about it, everything will be okay. All reactions are meant to be, and are just a part of spiritual cleansing.
- I felt heat and an incredible sense of balance. My practitioner told me that she had never felt energy like the energy coming from me and that when she came to my head area that it was "GODLIKE." I have always felt I was meant to help people and have been struggling with that in my career. I now feel so at piece knowing I was not crazy. I worry about finances and was told that Peter has my back.
- —Guest ph balanced
- After my attunement I had a very vivid dream of running barefoot through the woods, over hills, I just kept running. It wasn't my body, but one of an American Indian. I woke up out of breath and had deep breath to calm down. While receiving the attunement I felt like I was floating in air.
- I had an attunement session with a Reiki Healer. Went to her as I had been feeling physically sick. Didn't feel anything abnormal during the session but the next day I was better. I am a Christian, about six months later I experienced a feeling of a trance state a couple of times and peaceful feelings in my head. After that my anxiety that I suffered from for 10 years had gone away. I had a feeling of calm all the time. The Reiki Healer said it was a healing from God and I was more open to a healing as a result of her treatment. I do feel a bit strange at times though. I am not happy though as I feel so different. I can't feel energized and am not happy and contented. Like all my feelings have been dulled. I want to be restored to my normal self again. Has anyone had this experience or can anyone help.
- —Guest Lesleigh
Post Reiki II intense upheaval
- I received my Reiki II attunement yesterday and have been experiencing intense upheaval in the form of a healing crisis. Last night I had a terrible sleep. Lots of tossing and turning, night sweats, coughing fits, intense dreams and talking in my sleep. I woke several times whispering very fast, my mouth so dry that words could barley form. Today I feel as though I have been hit by a truck and every muscle in my body aches. I have had a headache since the middle of the night that an advil did not help. After my Reiki I, I had some interesting experiences including a strange force slamming a door on my head as I tried to walk through. Actually after Reiki I (about 7 months ago) my head was hit 3 times in obscure ways. Though overall I did not feel achy only emotional then uplifted. I am curious to see how the next few weeks go post this attunement. I plan to Reiki myself daily and journal my dreams and experiences. I am hopeful this ache will pass soon... Blessings
- —Guest Tricia
Changed My Life - Had strange experience
- I received Reiki 1 and 2 trainig in sequential days. During Reiki 1 training I cried at the 1st attunement, and then saw a blinding bright light when my eyes were closed at the second attunement. In Reiki 2 attunement, I smelled insence of some kind, and the bright light again. I felt so full of peace and love. My 2 years of shoulder pain was gone after that day. Its been 2 weeks and I have practiced every day. While doing Reiki on the neck on someone, I felt the usual 'tingling, maybe more intense than the other locations - but- then I felt a choking in my own throat and started feeling closed up and needed to cough a bit. I checked my position. I had not been coughing or choked up at all that day, nor the rest of the day. When I moved onto the chest, the choking feeling left me. The person did not have any known throat issues. I did not mention my choking feeling to her either. Has this happened to anyone you know before?
- —Guest Roz
- My first time was 2 weeks ago. I had never been to a Reiki Circle before and a friend kept talking about it so I decided to go with her. Music was playing and we were told to close our eyes and go into a meditative state. It wasn't a guided meditation so I found it pretty easy since I meditated before. When the woman came to me I felt warmth and a very bright white light covered me. It was amazing. I had hoped that when I went this week it would be similar. It wasn't. This week my empath feelings decided to take over and I felt someone getting very sick. They had a sore throat and a headache. Then I was taken to see my 2 older children and 1 was also getting sick but it wasn't an illness sick it was more of from something he ingested. And my oldest was packing his things to move. I'm thinking that maybe I just wasn't into the Reiki today and that's why my guide was showing these things to me. We'll see what happens next week.
Attunement to Reiki is a Spiritual Hit!
- 1st level of Reiki and the attunement process was a powerful spiritual experience! We did a deep relaxing meditation prior to the attunement, and then when the teacher asked us to close our eyes and hold our palms up - is where the true mysticism started! When the teacher touched the top of my head, I felt pulsating warm sensation in the Crown chakra and someone's illusory touch on the center of my forehead. And when the teacher touched the palms of my hands, I felt as if she put there a warm pulsating heart, and all my hands got warm and tingling. As a powerful bonus, I also had a lot of visual recollections of my past lives unfolding in front of my closed eyes just like slides. I felt deep melancholy and really like crying during the attunement, I really felt like a bodyless spirit looking at myself from far aside. After the attunement I really felt more at peace, slept better, had less worries about anything. Now i'm on 21 days post-attunement fasting and love it!:)
- —Guest Sofia Siberia
How to feel energy
- 1) Rub your hands together vigorously. Hold them about 12" apart, and slowly move them close together and further apart. You should feel a bubble: your Ki bubble. This is energy :-D 2) Gassho, and thank the Source for the opportunity to bring healing to the person on your couch. Bring your thumbs to your third eye chakra with hands still in Gassho, and ask to become srtongly aware of any differences in their energy field which will help facilitate healing. Then begin to scan - move your hands slowly across their body until you feel a disturbance; heat, cold, tingling, wriggling, or something that needs clearing. Clear it, and continue. Again, you're feeling energy here. Hope this helps :-D
- —Guest James Reiki Master
reiki 2 reactions
- I had severe reactions to a reiki 2 attunement. Wound up in the er and was put on morphine for extreme pain. 6 weeks later still dealing within and health problems that popped up out of nowhere. Don't know what to do with this.
- —Guest enchanted
Attuned to Reiki I & II in Same Day
- I, too received Reiki 1 and 2 in the same day. Experienced an acceleration of heart rate to about 100 beats per minute (usually in the 60's). This lasted overnight. Experienced the colors, bright, hot pink and purple. I did not do Reiki for a period of months, The attunements last. Energy level is low when starting back, but with practice, becomes greater. I do self treatments daily. Have not experienced healing, but makes living with scoliosis and arthritis much easier. Practice on my husband, who has a long standing back severe back injury. It is helpful with his pain and muscle spasms. I continue to see colors, still pink and purple, but have added blue, green, red that usually shades to yellow. I usually feel more serene and relaxed after seeing a lot of colors.
- —Guest Eileen
Attuned since birth?
- I've always had dreams (as far back as being an infant that I can remember) that are very similar to descriptions of enlightenment and becoming attuned to Reiki. Within the past year, these dreams have manifested into visions while wide awake. I can feel things without touching them. I can feel people and gather a sense of whether they are emitting energy good or bad. The palms of my hands feel magnetic, HOT, and electrical. Some people that I shake hands with can feel it as well, as though the transfer of energy enters their existence. Is it possible to be attuned by an existence that is seeking one out? I've seen orbs of light be presented to me that I follow and become completely overwhelmed and consumed by pure energy. I no longer have insomnia, feel anger (I used to have a very volatile temper), and I am in a constant state of happiness. I can gather what it is I want, need, and desire out of life. The elegant and comforting feeling does not leave my body or hands.
- —Guest HAZ
- I had reiki 1 and 2 attunement yesterday. I really didn't feel much of anything except feeling rocky or wobbly while receiving it. Now today, I've been extremely achy. I researched it and it seems like a common occurrence. So common, they call it "reiki-achie. I hope that is normal and I want to feel like I'm doing it. Practice,practice, practice
- —Guest Namaste