: Have you ever had a gut instinct that you simply could not ignore? Were you glad you listened to that inner voice? Please share personal stories about how your intuitions helped alert you to a problem, answered a question, or helped you in some other way. Gut Instincts
Arranged marriage intuition
- I'm an Indian girl going to have an arranged marriage. When the process to search the guy started I always felt that it's not going to happen and for some or the other reason the proposal would get dropped. But recently I was asked my opinion in a guy and idk why I liked him so much and felt like he's the one just by seeing a picture. It's been some time now and I can't stop thinking about him. There have been other guys before and after him but I never felt that way about anyone. Soon things are going to progress with him but I just know that he's the one and I want him to be the one. Accepting all the good and the bad about him I want to be with him. My intuition has worked before sometimes but not all the time but such a strong intuition I never got let's see what happens.
- —Guest Shanaya
creepy feeling today
- I was just driving to school today and I kept getting this feeling that I need to turn around I need to go home. Right before I was going to go on the interstate. I made a u turn and headed back home. I don't know what was possibly going to happen, but I didn't want to find out. My feelings usually right about people and things.. but this one felt different. I'm at home trying to figure out what am I doing and why am I at home.
- —Guest Amanda
My gut instincts are all happening
- Ok so this will sound a little silly but at first it was just traffic lights, as soon as I would get feeling they would go yellow it would happen straight away. Then it moved on and I had a feeling the lottery powerball number was going to be 8, I told my mum and she didn't believe me and what do ya know it was 8. More recently I had a feeling that my girlfriend at the time was cheating, I went to see her and caught her in the act. Also when I'm driving I occasionally get the feeling that there is a cop ahead and well about 90% of the time there is.
- —Guest Sean
- I have what I call strong gut instincts... I once was coming to work and at the top of the escalator I saw my supervisor and another supervisor and I immediately said oh my god what happened to my dad?... and then my sup tells me my mother called and my dad was in the hospital because they found cancer when he went to doctor because his sore throat from his recent cold wouldn't go away... Another day years later I didn't want to go home I did everything to avoid going home and when I got home my daughter said "Grandma called" and I immediately asked "was she crying?" and my daughter said yes... My dad had died. Another time my job made a big deal about a new way of doing things at work and I said as we walked out of the meeting "they are setting us up to fail" and soon many of my co-workers were being terminated, and shortly after I quit the rest of my previous co-workers were laid off... Is freaky that I just know and my real name is Destiny so I kind of live up to my name.
- —Guest Destiny
- For the past six months I been having an ugly feeling and visualization of what would happen if we go to Six Flags. I love roller coasters so never been afraid of it, but my husband is new to the city and never been to one so he wanted to go. But when he said so, I visualized something horrible, like the ride stopping or us falling from the ride. I ignore it but everytime he will mention Six Flags I will get the ugly feeling. For Mother's Day he came in with two tickets. I wasn't so excited but never let him know how I felt. Time came and we need it to use them. No choice and we have to go. But a day before I visualized it again and felt ugly and even playing around I said "Let's not go, we are going to die. He made fun of me. But I was scared. The Saturday before we get on the highway I pray to God, "God if something is going to happen make the car stop working and don't let us go." I then tell my husband lets not go what if we die. He thinks I'm just scared. So we continue driving and 20 min later and still half way to get there, we miss the exit to jump to the other highway so he is like "It's okay, I'll go back. Right away as soon as he exits to go back the car made a horrible noise like if we had drove on top of something. After that the car kept making a loud noise so bad that it was obvious not to continue to our destination. So we decided to drive back home slowly until the car would stop and call road assistance. I let him know that In My mind I had said something to God and I had ugly feelings. When we got home and he is parking the car he can no longer go in reverse. So, I felt so much better and the ugly feeling had disappeared. We have a baby and we had to leave him with my parents. When i said bye I felt worry, I just didn't feel right leaving. I'm writing because I never say God do this if this is going to happen, I mean I frequently say God help me but like everyone does plus me having this ugly feeling and thought for the past six months. It is not the first time, other times I ignore and then regret.
- —Guest Lucy
We should listen. Every time.
- I think there are so many ways to listen to your intuition. Namely, all types of fortune-telling appeal to intuition. I'm not that "magic" conscious person, but I'm used to asking my intuition to get the answers to some questions. How do I do that? Easily. I just use the simple iPhone app "Yes-No oracle" as a tool for connection to my intuition. And I always get the answers that come true.
- —Guest Mari
- I just wanted to thank you for writing this article, especially in such an open and inclusive way. I was hoping to find answers for a similar personal, pressing issue, about which I experienced a very powerful dream. Not knowing anything about dream interpretation, and only a little about healing, I found this article speaking directly to my needs in a way that was phrased gently, honestly, and patiently. Again, thank you. this has helped be a mirror to me. (Note from Phylameana: Thank you for your note. Happy to hear I've been of help.)
- —Guest Panda
Gut Feeling Gift
- I have a gift to tell when something is going on with my family. I also know when something good or bad is gonna happen.
- —Guest Michelle's
What's Behind Your Belly Button?
- A new titled "What's Behind Your Belly Button?" available on Amazon is worth a read if you want to really understand your gut feelings.
- —Guest Michael
an accident not avoided
- Some 20 years ago I was on the motorway with my Ex-husband. Suddenly I got that really urgent feeling that we need to get off that motorway. I told him, but he just laughed it off. A minute later we reached the end of a traffic jam. We stopped just behind a van, but the car behind us did not see and crashed into us. Only the fast reaction of my ex who turned the steering wheel around and our car was moved along instead of under the van. Well, better he would have listened to me in the first place :-)
- —Guest phoenixrisesagain
- I was on my lunch hour and wanted to buy a Christmas gift for my son's girlfriend. But, I decided rather than going shopping I would drop off the coats for kids that I had in my car at the Salvation Army. As I arrived, there was a lone girl sitting on the steps freezing (it was about 40 degrees out). She had no coat on. I asked if she had a coat to which she replied no. I had one woman's coat in the bag which fit her perfectly! I think I was supposed to be there - that day at that time to help someone who needed me. It was an awesome feeling. I only wish I could have done more.
- —Guest Sue
temporal lobe epilepsy and ESP
- Some of you might want to look this up. There are a number of studies showing a link between temporal lobe epilepsy and ESP. We're talking University funded projects and peer reviewed papers and publications. I had temporal lobe epilepsy as a child. The seizures stopped when I was 7, then the precognitive dreams began. My strongest ability is precognition and to a lesser extent telepathy. People might also want to research the fact that ESP runs in families and appears to be an inherited trait. It runs on both sides of my family along with epilepsy.
- —Guest V
My gut feeling is always right
- I've just finished reading your "Gut Feeling" article which I found interesting. I have found over time that my gut feeling is always right. If I don't listen to it, I'm usually regretting it. Thank you for a wonderful site. I wish you abundant success on your life path.
- —Guest P.C.
Harrassing in a bus
- I went to Vegas for a long weekend one time and got on a bus. For some reason I started seeing these pictures about a person getting on that same bus yelling and harassing. So I quickly started thinking about what to do in case of something like that would happen. On our second stop on our way back, a woman with a manly appearance, got into the bus saying racial slurs towards two African American girls seated in front of me and I just couldn't believe it. I grabbed my wife's hand at that point, remained quiet, and did not look back not look towards the woman. I was ready to attack if she started messing with my wife though. Fortunately, the bus driver did not take the smack and got her out of the bus immediately.
- —Guest Daniel
- I have always felt things deeply, and been very sensitive/emotional. I used to get teased for crying so easily, sometimes I'd cry and not even know why or not feel sad (I know now someone close to me was probably sad at the time). For a while I used to ignore the intuitions n signs in my body (energy shivers across my skin) when they tried to tell me something; usually out of stubbornness. Especially in the case of guys; I'd have a bad guy feeling but was determined to prove he was right for me, needless to say every guy I've met like that turned out to be a complete jerk, has cheated on me, and emotionally abused me. I've now met a guy, and although I'm not as physically attracted to him, I sense his energy is genuine. I can sense lies/thoughts/memories too. I am very good at reading people. I once met a girl for 10 minutes and later described my impression of her to a mutual friend, who said he couldn't have even described her that well and he's known her for 5 months!
- —Guest Michelle