Share Posts: Are you an empath, deeply sensitive to the emotions of other people? What empathic traits do you possess? Are you able to distinguish your own emotions from others? Do you feel being empathic is a gift or a curse? Share about your pro and con feelings here. Please don't expect answers to your questions or post telephone numbers in your share posts. This section is for only for sharing your positive and negative experiences/feelings. >p>Note: Also Check out Group Support for Empaths. Share Your Feelings
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
- Being an empath is great but when i come in contact with negative energy i have serve headaches and feel drain had my first one today when dealing with constant negative energy. One thing all empath should remember you can not save everybody sometimes the best thing is to let God deal with issue sometimes you have to step back and let God do his work. Remember God does not give you more than you can bear even though you feel alone remember their are other just like around the world or even near you who feel and connecting with your own energy. being empath does not mean other can feel your feelings too project positive thoughts and remember to stay strong my fellow Em- paths we are the (paths) others follow and look too for strength but remember you can learn from those you help and gain wisdom and strength.
- —Guest Daze of Ace
the daily confusion
- Daily, I ground myself and try and clear out all the negative things I receive from others, and daily, that pool fills again. I've drawn broken, hurting people to me my whole life, ones needing to be fixed, somehow knowing that I would do everything I could to help them. My "path" I was given. Being connected strongly to someone heavily into drugs, that had given up on life and finding a better path, and ultimately, wanted to end life, nearly ruined me. Feeling every ounce of their pain and hopelessness wore off on me, and I had to claw my way out of it, and heal as much as I could. Now everyone who "finds" me just scares me. Reminds me of that and as much as my instinct and nature wants to help (and ultimately, it wins, even though I don''t want it to) it cripples me. I'm searching for strength, but they unknowingly are draining it from me. I continue to give, but they don't get better. They don't see the damage it causes. And I am fighting with all of my strength to control it....
- —Guest firefly
- i find my story in bits and pieces of other comments, and i don't feel so alone. i never knew there were others like me, whose experiences mirror my own so closely. is this phenomenon a blessing or a curse? yes.
- —Guest sigh
Nightmares are the worst
- The hardest part for me is the nightmares. I can deal with the headaches and assorted ailments that come from the flaring energy of my close friends. If my mentor isn't close by, I do have trouble with large crowds. But the nightmares are the worst. I recently met my demon in one, and sorting through that, even with my mentor there, induced a panic attack that left me helpless for an hour and sleep-deprived for a week. When I first started seeing the vibrations it was disorienting. However, even then, I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and I still do. As empaths, we have an enormous capability to heal and protect. That is our responsibility: to heal and protect. That is why we are the way we are. We don't just have a responsibility to the world though, but also one to ourselves. Those of us who are coming into our gifts need to be taught and guided. Too often we neglect ourselves, and then we're of no use to anyone. Remember yourself and you'll be just fine.
- —Guest Maggie
I never realised
- I never understood why I couldn't control my emotions. It felt like I could read people's minds when they talking to me, but now I find out its just emotions that you feel from other people. I could never understand I had such hightened emotions and have been chuckling down depression pills and seeing people, but just to find out now I'm an empath. I can't say that its gift, I just can't cause the pain and feelings you go through is just unbearable.
- —Guest wolf
- Its only within the last few years that I have come to realize I am n empath and although I have experienced so many cons in the past, its only because I had no understanding or control over this gift. Being a parent, Im so thankful that we have technology now so that I can help my children understand whats going on with them. I can already see that two of my kids are probably empathic as well. I love being able to connect with others experiences so I have somewhere to vent as I dont really know others besides my mother but she lives negatively. I learn more every day about being able to protect myself from others energies. I have become abit of a recluse but I dont find this to be a negative aspect. I would rather be at home with my family or animals then spending time with "friends" who I find I simply cant connect with anymore. I do reiki healing for my family and for ailing animals, mostly sick birds or lizards seem to find me. I experience intuition daily and Im a vegan.
This is not a gift, but an ability.
- We have an ability that can allow us to feel what is happening, and sometimes what will happen. My "gut" is never wrong, and I get mad at myself given the moment that I did not listen. So I need to practice relying on my intuition. It may be hard, absorbing so many emotions, but just remember we have capabilities to make changes. Seeing we are at a very low point, we should make it rise above. I use my ability to connect my friends closer together in a spiritual way. Its as if the bond is something that should not be changed. I hope this helps those who are dwelling on the con side of this ability.
- —Guest Pierce
- I just had to share this story with people who understand. I am an animal empath and I seemed overwhelmed and crazy at first but now I feel blessed because had I have not been able to feel my cats feelings he would be dead. I noticed he was not feeling well and it was bugging me a lot. I felt sick. I could not figure out why my stomach hurt so much. I touched him and he whimpered in pain. At first I thought he had the flu or something but as time passed he got worse and I felt worse. He went to the bathroom and opened the cupboard door. I followed him. Something felt so wrong. I looked at him and for some reason got this feeling that he was dieing. Of course I thought maybe I had gone crazy but I did not take any chances and took him to the vet. It turns out he had a stone blocking his bladder and was going to die in hours. He had surgery and he is alive and happy to this day. He is doing very well and I am so happy.
- —Guest Luna
- I've always felt like I was dealing with too much of what was going on in my life, constantly struggling to keep emotions in check and understand why I felt the way I did, A year or two ago someone said I was a healer, this seemed to be a very loose explanation of what I was feeling. I decided to embrace this and as time has passed I became a little more attuned to my apparent healer state. Recent study showed I have been suffering needlessly at the hands of our sun (Look up the effects of solar flares on the human body) this lead me to the Empaths.. after reading much I feel it may be that I'm a reclusive Empath, Blocking the world out to help deal with the onslaught of emotions bombarding me constantly. Now that I'm aware of this it will allow me to develop my gift further and learn to manage the vibrations and frequencies given off by people every day.
- —Guest Richard
There Are Days...
- I have always known there was something different about me. Whether I was born this way or, courtesy of several molestation issues throughout my childhood, I was turned into an Empath I'll never know, but I do know that there are days that I love helping people by knowing exactly what they need and other days I wish I could just die because I can't handle the pain that I pick up randomly. Homeless people, children, and the elderly are the hardest for me. I can sense them and read them the most, particularly the kids. I've learned that although my skill set is still weak, the power I've been blessed (?) with is rather sweeping and large and that makes many days tough. I have great difficulties in a crowd and at parties where I don't know people because, as I've learned, I have no clue what crap I'll pick up. But I'm learning how to block and I'm learning how to help and I'm learning how to make what I'm supposed to do actually occur without hurting me in the process. Fingers crossed.
- —Guest James
- I've spent my entire life wondering why I feel so deeply about everything. It literally makes me crazy with how intense I am able to feel everything. I've scared people I'm romantically involved with away because I'm so intense about how hard I love. When I see anything violent, it will distress me for days to even weeks. I seem to be moved by situations so much more than others. For the longest time, I hated this about myself. It makes me so vulnerable. I get hurt so much. It feels like my heart is constantly bleeding and it just kinda sits on my body like a weight even when I'm happy and content. However, I really think it's the most beautiful blessing I could have ever been given. And discovering what an empath is and that I'm not alone in this is helping me a lot. Everything makes sense. I'm able to give an explanation to what feels like insanity and emotional instability.
- —Guest Rachel
I'm not alone
- I'm so happy to have found an explanation to my feelings and read everyone else's posts. Articulating this for me was impossible. Being an empath has almost become debilitating. I am optimistic though in learning to use my gift and not let it be a burden. It's hard for me not to see most people as just plain dumb and evil and not look like a know-it-all. I know yet I am open to learn everything.
- —Guest Tiger
Learning to balance
- I truly have never found the definition of an empath until tonight. My whole life I have observed pain and wanted to heal. It takes form with people animals plants and objects. It can be very tiring and frustrating I am a moody person as I am in need of the calm times. Highly sensitive to noise and just an over all feeling of feeling too much. It was great to stumble upon this to read this one thing I didn't hear anyone talk about is if they suffer from headaches vomiting? I have seemed to settle them down use to happen all the time as a child into my thirties and now in my forties the extreme migraine and Nausea has calmed down. I think because I have learned mental boundaries by reminding myself I am one person I do my best but I can not control all outcomes. I can not take on others stuff but I can listen and be there for them but carefully to not take on too much. I am human.
- My whole life I've fought deep depression. And my mind runs on tandems that make me KNOW undoubtedly that I think in a way that no one can understand. And I feel people, I care. So with this depression making me weak, but this love making me want to be strong, its a hard struggle to overcome and be the listener when all I want to do is vent. But I just read this article, and its relieved me of so much mental baggage and doubt that I want to thank anyone who had a part in writing it. Now I know that at least somewhere, someone (besides God) actually will be able to level with me. Now I just gotta find em. But thank you. Haha and I'd need a lot more than a 1000 characters to write everything I want to. God bless
- —Guest Sawyer
Being a Empathic is hell
- I was born with it I get inside of peoples heads like a telepath. I pretty know everything about a person in few minutes It's not a gift at times for me Negative people are absolute worst. It is like a bad taste in your mouth. I know ways to rid myself of people's energy but sometimes it takes days. I am everything described about being empathic .But, never cross me especially if you are a negative person. I have such low tolerance! for bad people that hurt others.
- —Guest skyfiredune