From the article: Healing with Crystals: Amethyst
Share Post: Have you used amethyst for healing or spiritual purposes? Did this purple-colored quartz teach you a valuable lesson or give you comfort? Please share your personal experiences of using amethyst for healing. Share Uses of Amethyst
Took Away Headache Pain
- I worn amethyst on Saturday two hours before sunset and I had such bad headache. Pain medicine didn't help at all. Took my amethyst out and my headache was gone in few hours.
- —Guest Pearl
- Amethyst is for a good reason known for centuries as a healing stone. And the calming effect that people experience is what I hear a lot around me. I think a second reason why amethyst is so popular is also due to the stunning purple colour.
- —Guest Richmond
Amethyst, bad dreams?
- I really don't know what to think. I have worn an amethyst pendant for over a year in replacement to my rose quartz pendant. I stopped wearing as it was given to me by an ex partner+ all part of my moving on. I never take my pendant off apart from occasional cleansing , since I have worn this I have such vivid dreams every single night some are awful and don't leave me for days. I can't stand it and I am sure it is to do with my pendant but I feel afraid to take it off! It has been suggested to me in past that I have insight and that I know it but won't let it in, what stone am I best to use to replace wearing the amethyst? I did go into a crystal shop+ ask and was having a clear quartz pendent made but the lady never got in touch with me. She told me I needed carnelian + to help have rose+clear quarts by my bed but said my drams are trying to tell me something! Does anyone understand why I can't stand the dreams yet fear not having the amethyst on?
- —Guest cinders
Amethyst Pendant Works Fast
- Like Annie I used amethyst on my daughter's swelling feet and legs. She is type 1 diabetic. Normally it takes her a couple of days to get back to normal size. I am really glad I used my amethyst on her. I got her a 2 inch pointed amethyst, so she can use it whenever she needs it and a as well as a pendant. it's amazing how fast it worked.
- —Guest Francine
Amethyst Eases Swelling
- Last night in desperation I used several amethysts on my daughters swelling feet and legs (she is a diabetic type 2). I was really amazed at how fast her swelling went down. I am going to get more of them. Normally it takes her 48 hrs bed rest for the swelling to go down. This morning she was fine!
- —Guest Annie
- Since I came to know crystals and gemstones, I found that an amethyst always on the top list for all my gemstones, maybe because it was the first gemstone I ever had. I came across with this gemstone when I was very ill. As I walked into the mall I saw a very stunning bracelet and I picked up and paid. I felt as I if I found a good friend... from then whenever I wear my amethyst I feel so happy and has a very uplifting energy for me. Only later I discovered that it is indeed my birthstone.
- —Guest Lucy Corpuz
- I love the stone because it is my birth stone, and it really does help me to sleep better and keeps me calmer, how about that!?!
- —Guest cindy
Moment of Clarity
- I never believed in the healing qualities of gemstones before, but this summer I was suffering from very heavy depression. I was hopeless and thought there was no way out, and resigned myself to my fate. I fell physically ill and my friend brought me an amethyst necklace as a gift from Japan. I put it on and after my fever broke, I suddenly felt relieved of a great weight! I also instantly knew what I needed and wanted to do with my life, and began that very afternoon to pursue it. I am now feeling better than ever and on my way to the life and career that I know I am meant for.
- —Guest Shen
An experience with an amethyst
- At one point in my life I was very depressed and felt nothing inside, all was black. Back home I threw everything of my past away and took one last attempt at staying alive. I rode my bike to the next county (about 60 miles) in a thunderstorm. Then suddenly my spirit guide appeared, she had a belt of very beautiful stones around her waist , and she held out her hand and inside was a palm sized purple stone. I asked her "what is that" she called it "experience." I said who's, yours or mine, and she said yours. Well the next day an old friend stopped by and said I feel this belongs to you and held out her hand that had a palm sized purple stone, my friend called it a energy stone-a amethyst! After a short time of carrying that stone with me always the depression went away and I became a well known clairvoyant psychic medium in my town.
- —Guest Double Pisces
Experience with Amethyst
- Besides being a medical and master hypnotherapist, I also work with the angels. During a session with them, the angels suggested to me that I use amethyst whenever feeling tired or out of sorts. I began collecting pieces of amethyst jewelry and clusters of it. I find that my energy is lifted so quickly when I wear it! It is a very powerful energy.
- —Guest Gwenn Henkel
- When I sleep at night I love to have my amethyst necklace on me. It helps sooth my mind and relax me from all the stress iIve had through out the day.
- —Guest jennifer:)♥
Assists Lucid Dreaming
- My favorite spiritual stone is amethyst. I especially like deep purple amethysts, although the lighter shades supposedly carry the same healing properties as the darker ones. Just a personal preference I guess. I hold an amethyst sphere in my hands during meditation to help open up my crown chakra so I can better communicate with my spiritual teachers in higher planes. I have also tucked a smaller amethyst stone inside my pillowcase at bedtime to assist me with lucid dreaming and astral flight.
- —Guest Leah
Amethyst Aids in Psychic Awareness
- The amethyst is a powerful stone for healing. It carries many healing properties. It also aids in psychic awareness and helps with imagery. It is a stone to help quieten the mind. If worn while sleeping, it helps you to interpret dreams, and to ward off nightmares. It enhances intuition and inspirations. Gives you clarity and insight. An excellent stone for meditations. Good for the upliftment of the spirit. Should never be cleansed by the sun. Carries the energy of the moon, female energy. Does best with water cleansing or the moon. The best stone for the 6th chakra.
- —Guest Stones77
Spiritual and Calming
- I use amethyst to keep me in touch with my spiritual side and connected to what is going on with myself as well as others. It allows me to act for the best of all instead of self even when it may not be what I would consider to be what is best for me. It keeps me calm and allows me to feel that I have enough time to do what I need to do even when time is limited. It allows me to work slowly even when I am feeling the need to rush and this allows me to do things right the first time instead of having to redo things because I rushed through them. Amethyst does not like the sunlight at all but likes the moonlight, sea water, and cold. It loves being under snow or in the freezer as a way of cleaning it and recharging it. Amethyst is a good stone for a creative person to have around because it does work so well at calming them.
- —Guest Whitehorse woman