: Green is a color that is commonly associated with healing, but other colors are also healing. Yellow can give a sun ray of hope, or offer optimism. Browns can calm us, helping us to connect to earth energies. Which colors do you associate with healing? Be sure to tell us why you are drawn to a particular color for comfort or healing.
Share Your Healing Colors
- I am currently doing a spiritual course and they taught us about chakra clearing but said start from the root upwards then letting the light of golden white light flow downwards and your saying start from the top crown down. Does it matter which way you start? And if so, which is right?
- —Guest sandra
- My favorite color is green. I feel so much better and think clearer when surrounded by green. My living room, kitchen, and bedroom are different shades of green. Orange is ok, but wearing it is out of the question for me. I do love pumpkins. That orange brings warm earthy feelings.
- —Guest Geri
The Power of PINK
- 2-14-2012 - I love shades of pink from soft to bright ... the colors seem to sooth me, lift me up, heal... especially during a sad time in my life..
Once I went totally pink crazy by painting my living and dining room pepto pink!.. with a fuzzy pink carpet and soft mauve antique chairs ..oh, no it wasn't over done... it was so lovely waking to the soft pink hues blended with the morning sunlight peering through I also used a gorgeous antique green drape on one large window that really made my day.
I just love pink and green!
Both these colors opened my heart and balanced me and I was ready for a new love to enter my life...
Happy St Valentines Day!
- —Guest Angelina
- It is true and cannot deny, because of my personal experience. In 1974 I was of 22 year healthy person but my behavior towards other person even to my brother was more aggrieved which ultimately come to end on fighting, usually in a week one fighting was must in a fortnight. One of my very old relative's advice to my mother a special color dress. that my mother did the same without my consent even without discussing any family member. Dear reader it is 100% true after wearing such suggestive color dress my attitude become very cool and my educational result show good progress. No fight, no hot talk, during one year of dressing new color dress, after one year my mother told me about this fact and I also relies this change. Dear reader still if wear different color dress for a period of one week, my aggressiveness came back automatically. I hope this color system will be researched in scientific manner and will save human being from many problems. Saad Shibli - pakistan
- —Guest Saad Shibli ASC
My healing color
- I love to use greens for healing... and to wear green jade jewelry to heighten the vibration.
I have some chronic and genetic issues, so I use a lot of green in my home decor too. I also knitted an afghan with my favorite healing colors and we use it when we have a cold or just feel crummy.
- —Guest blissful
My palette of colors
- I am in the process of making my kitchen buttercup yellow, purple and leafy green. My home's backdrop is a deep camel, and I am finding it needs more touches of color. I have had a peach colored bedroom once, but in doing it this time to coordinate with a particular bedspread, it was an irritating color, so it, also is camel tan. A fav bedroom was a clear blue that mirrored the skies just outside the upstairs room's deck.
- —Guest Joie
I love Blue
- Blue makes me happy for some reason. I always loved the color blue.
- —Guest Kurt Vernon
- My sheets as a very young child were of (ironically) of rainbows with fluffy white clouds:) I find healing colors to be blues and purples, for depth and spiritual strength, deep reds for passion- fiery energy, corals/pinks to find my feminine side show, and browns/blacks/greens for grounding.
- —Guest lizzy
Green is my comfort colour
- I have always loved the colour green. Whenever I have felt stressed, or depressed or sad, if I am wearing green or in a garden with lots of green, or in a forest with lots of green, there is a great calming that comes over me. I wear other colours as well (blues & browns mostly).
- —Guest Andrea
- I enjoy to put together the healing color combo of blue, green and purple, which is associated with Usui Reiki according to my Reiki Master. Why purple? Purple is a powerful calming color. It has healing power of blue with the vibrant energy power of red! Purple is the color of kings and queens and it's regalness helps people to want to heal!
- —Guest Amber
Green brings me comfort and energy
- My library is in forest green. When I go in that room I am wise, secluded, and calm. My "great" room is celery/grass green. It brings me creativity and positive happy energy. It is my way of bringing the outside nature in while living in a gray city.
- —Guest Patricia
My healing color
- I identify with blue. Blue is soothing to me, perhaps because it reminds me of water or of the unlimited possibilities beyond the sky, symbolic of the unlimited possibilities within myself. Blue relaxes me and invites creativity.
- —Guest Sabrina
- There is something so healing about a mixture of purple, green and blue for me. Whenever I see a mixture of these colors it immediately sends me into a trance like state (well not completely) but if I allowed myself to drift, these colors really take me away.
- Tones of the earth, browns, tans, beige, rusts, greens - all give me comfort to heal.
- My healing color is green. I am a big fan of green and all things green. Green makes me feel happy and healthy.