From the article: How Trustworthy Are You?
Share Post: Have you ever broken a promise you made to someone? How did it make you feel afterward? Did it negatively affect your relationship? Did you feel justified in breaking your word? Or do you regret it? Did you learn a life lesson from the experience that you care to pass on to others? No one is perfect. Come on, spill your guts... Ever Break A Promise?
- So me and this girl have been walking ever since. We became close and everything. She told me her secret, she was raped and stuff and she told me to promise her not to tell anyone and so I did. 3 years has gone by and me and her became really close. One day after school my friend told my friend that she would be a rapist in the future and I said oh yeah rape me, rape me, as a joke because you know how you are with friends around that are crazy and stuff and so she was disappointed and mad at me. She forgave me and stuff but she can't trust me anymore. Ever since she kind of ignores me now. She still talks to me but she doesn't talk to me like how she use to. I would always walk her home and whenever I drop her off she would hug me and ever since that she does'nt hug me anymore. Do you have any idea how I can fix this and regain her trust?
- —Guest Ruben
I Hate Myself for Lying
- I broke a promise to my girlfriend, there was this girl I had kissed long before I met my girlfriend now, and when my girlfriend asked me if I ever did anything with her (with this girl before) and I told her no. She looked at me and said Do you promise?" and I did. I was so scared that she would leave me and I just lied to her. Now she found out I lied to her. And now I know she doesn't believe me anymore, she says it's okay but I can see it's not okay in her face. I don't know what to do. I love with all my heart, how do I make it better? How do I show her that when I said I love you I meant it. I regret not telling her the truth I hate myself for lying.
- —Guest Lodi
The knife in his back
- I broke a promise to my boyfriend that I wouldn't smoke anymore. Instead every time we would get into an argument I would smoke to forget about it until i came clean. He no longer trusts me and wants to leave me. I'm in love with him but I can't bare to make him stay with someone like me.
- —Guest Back stabber
Broken promise to family
- I had promised my dad two years ago that I would never tell my mother about his new family. My mother was angry at my father for leaving her in poverty. She kept asking "why does that (excuse my language) bitch use my hard earned money that my father took before they divorced. I went silent and she asked why have you gone silent?? I said no reason and she said c'mon tell me son :) it doesn't matter anyways we're divorced. So I told her and I feel so bad. I wish I had never told her but to be fair I feel a lot calmer that she knows the truth.. But I broke my promise and I'm sorry :_:!!
- —Guest Jamal
- I had a crush on someone, and his sister is my best friend she never new that i liked him.. then she asked me to sleep over so i did, me and her brother started playing confessions and he asked who i liked and i confessed that i liked him then he told me he liked me, so he told me to promise him to not tell anyone that we were talking about this then the next day i told his brother because i trusted his brother and the brother went home and told his brother i said this and that about him so he new that i broke his promise ever since then he started to ignore me and never spoke to me... how could i fix this? Help!
- —Guest Boss
Tried My Very Best
- I broke a promise to my boyfriend, we're in a long distance relationship now. And I promised I'd come see him right after my 18th birthday, but I cannot afford to a ticket, and my mom won't help me pay for it. But I really thought my mom would help me, so I promised my bf I'd come to him. And we had agreed on that I would come there on a special date, and I can't delay it anymore either. But today I told him I couldn't come, and he didn't seem mad or anything at first, he said he'd try to come to me. But then he just said, too much of a promise eh... I've apologized for promising something I couldn't keep, and explained myself. I know a broken promise hurts, but I really have tried my very best.
- —Guest AGirlLovingHerBf
Hurts me more
- I broke a promise to my girlfriend. I promised to put her before myself. She was in a vulnerable/hurt state and I abandoned her because I had to get home or my father would be angry. Her best friend helped her sort it out a little after I left. I asked her if she could forgive me two days later and she did. I still though can't get over it, I feel horrible and worthless because this girl, who is so important to me, couldn't rely on me when she really needed me. I told her to leave me and find someone who could keep their promises and she refused. I love this girl so much that this just killed me to break such an important promise. Out of this I say, make sure you can keep your promises or it might just tear you apart when you inadvertently break the ones to the ones you love the most.
- —Guest Worthless
- I broke a promise to my boyfriend a couple days ago. I had promised I wouldn't tell anyone about our little secret. But, I did. It had all blown over when I finally admitted that I told some people. He's very mad at me. Actually, he says he's aggravated and sick to his stomach cause he knows if it spreads around we're dead. I told him it wouldn't. I completely trust my friends. But, now he doesn't trust me. I completely trust him still, and I love him with all my heart.. I don't know what this is going to do to our relationship. I'm soo scared..
- —Guest Guest broken heart
My big mouth :(
- I broke a promise to my best friend. I called her boyfriend to ask him advice and he brought up the subject about babies. I accidentally sort of told him that she had her tubes tied. Now she is super mad at me and I am not sure how to fix it. My stupid big mouth I feel hurt and horrible. What do i do ? :(
I feel like nothing when I hurt him
- I promised I'd never smoke method again .. I went seven months and I took a tiny hit. I told him a couple days later even though he'd never find out. Now he can picture us with a future. We've been together almost a year. I can't look at myself or stop crying.
- —Guest Lolokittie
I have broken a promise
- To me a promise is my trust. You break a promise you lose my trust, therefore it hard to stay with my boyfriend when I don't trust him.
- —Guest yepme
Broke a promise to my bf
- When my boyfriend and I first met I was starting to smoke weed. I told him i had only done it a few times but didnt really like the idea of it. but It helped relax me and forget about my sadness from my previous break up. After my previous bf found out I had smoked more when we were starting to talk, he freaked. He started questioning us and I didn't want to lose another person I was growing feelings for. I immediately promised I would never do it again. Although maybe 2 months after that we had already been dating, I smoked weed with my neighbor. I've smoked maybe 4 times since then, and my bf and I have been dating for over a year now. I've never said a word about it. I've also drank a few times, and gone to one of my old close guy friends house a few times all while my bf and I have been dating. I feel so guilty but I knoww he will think differently of me and who knows probly never trust me again if I told him any of this.. What do I do...
- —Guest Nikki
- i promised my gf I wouldn't do coke anymore cause she hates it. and I've done it like 15 times in the 4 months we've been dating. A little while ago I confessed and even though she's incapable of breaking up with me, shes pretty disappointed right now. I just wish I was in love with her like she is with me, so I could understand and be more comforting to the pain she's feeling right now ... :(
- —Guest badchoices
It wasnt worth it
- I was going to go to my first college party and my gfs at high school. She asked me not to drink much so I promised her just one beer. Well I went to the party and had one and it didn't seem to affect me... so I had another and another and another. 4 total. I told her on the phone after the party because I didn't want to lie. But now she doesn't trust me :( I know it was so wrong. I've apologized so many times... but not before trying to put the blame on my friends. I don't deserve her :( never will. I've hurt her so much now and its been a week and she hasn't been able to get over it. :( I hate myself for it and I'm never going to go to another party again.
- —Guest Wrong
Broke a Promise
- I promised my bf that I'd go bake some cookies then text back soon--I pinky promised him. I fell asleep. Surely, I probably shouldn't be fussing over it so much but I still feel bad...
- —Guest Oops
1-15 of 61Next