breaking promises = breaking hearts
- I don't know what to do. I promised my girlfriend I would never smoke again but I broke that promise and I tried talking to her and now she has not talked to me in a while... breaking promises leads to breaking hearts.
- —Guest george
I'm so sorry.
- I promised my boyfriend that I would hug my mother today. Me and my mother have been fighting lately, and my boyfriend just wants us to have a better relationship. So today I promised him that I would give her a hug. Unfortunately, I completly forgot about it (i am a very forgetful person). I feel extremely guilty and mad at myself for letting this happen. I hope he can forgive me. I love him so much, I hate making him mad. I'm so sorry.
- —Guest So Sorry :(
I wish I could turn back time
- So today I smoked again. I had originally promised my girlfriend that I would never smoke again, and tonight I broke that promise. I was talking to her tonight and i knew that I had to tell the truth, it's just who I am. When I told her she was so upset with me that she didn't even talk. I kept trying to ring her but the phone always went to answer-phone. At the time i thought it wasn't a big deal; I was at a party, and my friends were smoking and offered one to me. But now I realize that it doesn't matter where, when or who you're with, when you promise something to someone, you should NOT let yourself break it, no matter how small the promise is. I just hope she can forgive me. I Love her so much.
- —Guest Louis
I've broken her heart :(
- I made a promise to my fiance and last night I broke it, I know how much she is hurting. I hate myself and wish I could turn back time and be a better man. I really hope she can somehow find it within her to forgive me. She is so amazing, but now I'm wondering whether im just being selfish and maybe I don't deserve her, :(
- —Guest Jay
Promise to my father
- Couple months ago I fessed' up to my father about smoking marijuana. Long story short I promised him I wouldn't do it as long as I lived with him. I smoked yesterday, convinced myself it was okay because I'm on vacation and am not currently living with him. Pretty sure it counts though, and to top that off, I recently have been informed he has a mass in his lungs, not sure if it's cancer yet....... I've definitely learned a lesson.
- —Guest Matt
to my loving Aunt May Sorry :-(.........
- Aunt May I am so sorry, I never met to neglect you. I was too caught up in my worldly things to care about little things that really mattered. Please for give me I know it was only setting the a.c. Controllers but that could have been one more time I got to see your smiling face I am TRULY sorry for my actions I really regret not being there for you ... I will always Love Dearly
- —Guest Sorry ForEver
- Promised my bf I would never drink again, for a year I didn't. I had quit cold turkey, just 2 days ago I had one glass of Bacardi and coke, not even enough to make me feel buzz, with my best girlfriend and we promised each other no one would know. But of course I love my bf as if he were my own life and he knows me in and out enough to figure I lied to him about it. I hurt him more than ever and he even said that he has never been this hurt in his life before and I can tell by his face he was telling the truth. idk what to do. I hope he doesn't leave me because i definitely learned my lesson. I'd turn the world upside down for him. I just want him to give me a chance, I wonder if he will look at me the same. I made a mistake, one I will never make again and even if he doesn't take me back for that which I don't think should happen but I wouldn't do it ever again. I feel so upset. I love him :(
- —Guest shattered
- My bf lost my trust, he lied from the start then moved on to breakin' promises. It has been almost 9 months now and he has still been lyin' to me. We've broken up many times but I just cant leave him cause its too hard. I already love him. It makes me so depressed, I know i should leave but when I'm with him, I feel so comfortable and safe. He is now readin online sites to help himself\us out, but I still feel like I cant trust him. It's hard not to think about it, but when you do it kills you.. bad. I've told him not to be afraid of tellin' me the truth but it doesn't work. I don't even know if he'll ever stop.
- —Guest Steph Niko
I Want to Make Things Right
- A broke a promise to a girl I love. She trusted me, and wanted a promise from me I hadn't kept. I broke it yesterday, and she knows I did. We haven't talked to each other about it yet. However, I'm worried, what if my promise just ruined something I hold near and dear to my heart? I hate myself for breaking the promise I made to her. I want to make things right, I want to show her that she can trust me. But, I'm worried I won't be given a chance. The only thing I can do is wait, and hope things won't be as bad as I feel they are. I messed up, I don't want to again.
- —Guest John
- I promised to love a man forever but he continued to break promises to me. Each time he broke a promise (with excuses) I hurt and then tried to forgive but this week he broke another one and now I am breaking mine... the lies and hurt are too much and the love I felt would last forever died.
My boyfriend Has lost all trust for me
- I promised my boyfriend I would never drink again and I did, Not only did I drink but I talked to my old best friend who was a boy and my boyfriend and I made a promise that I would never talk to him again. The guilt I have is more than I can handle. He forgave me but I just feel different. My boyfriend is my life and Is the only guy I could ever be with and I lost it to him and I feel like I should never betray him. If he did this to me I would feel so different. I just don't know what to do and need help.
- —Guest TO MUCH GUILT
Broken promises is a New York thing
- I have lived in New York City for almost five years and while I love it here so much and think of it as my permanent home, my experience with people here is characterized by broken promises. I grew up in the Irish Catholic tradition and while I was not explicitly taught any lessons in proper conduct, I have always known from the example of my parents, that one must be mindful of others, consider their feelings and invariably the best way to do this is to keep your word. If you promise to do something, especially to help a person in need, you simply must follow through. Even when it is irritating, even when one's mind or feeling changes (and of course this is natural and human and no one can expect us to be anything other than these two things) it is of the utmost importance to keep your word wherever and whenever it is humanly possible to do so. With a view to keeping within the respectable limits of internet posting, I shall try to keep this brief: since I came to nyc, I have met many.
- —Guest ange
He broke his promise
- I knew this guy for five years and we have always been close but we have a lot of up and downs. So one day when we were talking and hugging and it felt like the old times and he promised to stay friends no matter what. I thought things were gonna go back to how they were when he use to see me outside he would say hey and then he called me a little girl so a few weeks later I asked him if we were still friends and he said no.
- —Guest ty
Promise to a girl
- My friends and I recently watched a horror movies with scary phone calls. I've recently met this girl but Im interested in her and wants the best for her. Anyways I made a promise that we would never lie to each other and one night I decided to prank call everyone. Everyone was freaked out and the girl came and asked if I did it. I said no and I don't have the guts to own up because If I said yes it would break her heart (she a very soft girl). I feel really guilty right now...and I really this event to pass.
- —Guest Guest dl
- My boyfriend cheated on me for 3 weeks recently, and when I found out I was furious. He was sorry, and has been trying to make it up to me for weeks, but nothing seemed to help. So I went out with another guy to do what he did to me. i confessed, and I promised him it won't happen again. Now we're trying to rebuild, but I still itch to check my online dating profile. i still receive a lot of messages. I want to reply so badly. but I have not yet crossed the line. While I feel *some* guilt, I am able to rationalize what I'm doing with the fact that he cheated on me first, for a longer period of time, and I don't know if he'll do it to me again. so why not be the first to do it this time? He deserves it. The reason I don't cross the line is because I know it's not me and because I don't want him to hurt like he hurt me.
- —Guest anonymous