- Promised my bf I would never drink again, for a year I didn't. I had quit cold turkey, just 2 days ago I had one glass of Bacardi and coke, not even enough to make me feel buzz, with my best girlfriend and we promised each other no one would know. But of course I love my bf as if he were my own life and he knows me in and out enough to figure I lied to him about it. I hurt him more than ever and he even said that he has never been this hurt in his life before and I can tell by his face he was telling the truth. idk what to do. I hope he doesn't leave me because i definitely learned my lesson. I'd turn the world upside down for him. I just want him to give me a chance, I wonder if he will look at me the same. I made a mistake, one I will never make again and even if he doesn't take me back for that which I don't think should happen but I wouldn't do it ever again. I feel so upset. I love him :(
- —Guest shattered
- My bf lost my trust, he lied from the start then moved on to breakin' promises. It has been almost 9 months now and he has still been lyin' to me. We've broken up many times but I just cant leave him cause its too hard. I already love him. It makes me so depressed, I know i should leave but when I'm with him, I feel so comfortable and safe. He is now readin online sites to help himself\us out, but I still feel like I cant trust him. It's hard not to think about it, but when you do it kills you.. bad. I've told him not to be afraid of tellin' me the truth but it doesn't work. I don't even know if he'll ever stop.
- —Guest Steph Niko
I Want to Make Things Right
- A broke a promise to a girl I love. She trusted me, and wanted a promise from me I hadn't kept. I broke it yesterday, and she knows I did. We haven't talked to each other about it yet. However, I'm worried, what if my promise just ruined something I hold near and dear to my heart? I hate myself for breaking the promise I made to her. I want to make things right, I want to show her that she can trust me. But, I'm worried I won't be given a chance. The only thing I can do is wait, and hope things won't be as bad as I feel they are. I messed up, I don't want to again.
- —Guest John
- I promised to love a man forever but he continued to break promises to me. Each time he broke a promise (with excuses) I hurt and then tried to forgive but this week he broke another one and now I am breaking mine... the lies and hurt are too much and the love I felt would last forever died.
My boyfriend Has lost all trust for me
- I promised my boyfriend I would never drink again and I did, Not only did I drink but I talked to my old best friend who was a boy and my boyfriend and I made a promise that I would never talk to him again. The guilt I have is more than I can handle. He forgave me but I just feel different. My boyfriend is my life and Is the only guy I could ever be with and I lost it to him and I feel like I should never betray him. If he did this to me I would feel so different. I just don't know what to do and need help.
- —Guest TO MUCH GUILT
Broken promises is a New York thing
- I have lived in New York City for almost five years and while I love it here so much and think of it as my permanent home, my experience with people here is characterized by broken promises. I grew up in the Irish Catholic tradition and while I was not explicitly taught any lessons in proper conduct, I have always known from the example of my parents, that one must be mindful of others, consider their feelings and invariably the best way to do this is to keep your word. If you promise to do something, especially to help a person in need, you simply must follow through. Even when it is irritating, even when one's mind or feeling changes (and of course this is natural and human and no one can expect us to be anything other than these two things) it is of the utmost importance to keep your word wherever and whenever it is humanly possible to do so. With a view to keeping within the respectable limits of internet posting, I shall try to keep this brief: since I came to nyc, I have met many.
- —Guest ange
He broke his promise
- I knew this guy for five years and we have always been close but we have a lot of up and downs. So one day when we were talking and hugging and it felt like the old times and he promised to stay friends no matter what. I thought things were gonna go back to how they were when he use to see me outside he would say hey and then he called me a little girl so a few weeks later I asked him if we were still friends and he said no.
- —Guest ty
Promise to a girl
- My friends and I recently watched a horror movies with scary phone calls. I've recently met this girl but Im interested in her and wants the best for her. Anyways I made a promise that we would never lie to each other and one night I decided to prank call everyone. Everyone was freaked out and the girl came and asked if I did it. I said no and I don't have the guts to own up because If I said yes it would break her heart (she a very soft girl). I feel really guilty right now...and I really this event to pass.
- —Guest Guest dl
- My boyfriend cheated on me for 3 weeks recently, and when I found out I was furious. He was sorry, and has been trying to make it up to me for weeks, but nothing seemed to help. So I went out with another guy to do what he did to me. i confessed, and I promised him it won't happen again. Now we're trying to rebuild, but I still itch to check my online dating profile. i still receive a lot of messages. I want to reply so badly. but I have not yet crossed the line. While I feel *some* guilt, I am able to rationalize what I'm doing with the fact that he cheated on me first, for a longer period of time, and I don't know if he'll do it to me again. so why not be the first to do it this time? He deserves it. The reason I don't cross the line is because I know it's not me and because I don't want him to hurt like he hurt me.
- —Guest anonymous
Always follow your heart
- I loved this girl more than anything in the world. She was my heart. Tip: Never listen to your friends :P (with some things at least) A friend kept telling me she was a B**** and I should break up with her. At the begining, I didn't listen. But one night, I did and broke up with her. The girl of my dreams ! I regreted it deeply, even now I look back. Biggest bummers of my life.
- —Guest Travis M.
- I promised my friend that we would go to the phone store to get a new phone together because we were not allowed to get BlackBerrys. I asked my dad again and we went ahead and bought one anyway. I really want one but now I feel bad about my friend. Well, I got what I wanted. A BlackBerry. But now I am risking an important friendship.
- —Guest Anonymous
Broke a promise two nights ago
- I promised my boyfriend I wouldn't drink at all ever and then it changed to I promise I won't drink when he wasn't there. But I did!! I felt horrible. It was really the first time I'd drank and got like more than tipsy. I flirted with a guy and stuff. I don't know why I did that. The alcohol was speaking, not me. It's hard because I wanted to drink but I obviously care about my boyfriend more. I just feel SO guilty, even though I told him everything. It's hard not to give into peer pressure sometimes. He forgave me, though, but when he thinks about it he gets so upset. I regret it although I did have fun. It's not like I cheated on him. But I promised I would never drink again. It's hard. Don't make promises you can't keep.
- —Guest Hannah
I broke a promise to my girl
- I broke a promise to my girl saying I would never hurt her... but I did... it was done unintentionally... but this caused our relationship to end and she doesn't love me anymore. I want her back so bad but she says no it will never be US again. Now, I think she found another girl and it hurts me so much inside.
- —Guest maria
I broke a promise to never hurt her
- The past 6 months I've helped this girl with problems of all sorts, family, ex's, new relationships. I was there for her when she needed someone the most, I was her guide, her light, she trusted me. Then I fell in love with her, I promised never to hurt her. She believed me and thought that I would be the last person on earth to hurt her. And I believed the same. When she finally was in my arms somehow everything I did hurt her. I unintentionally hurt her many times over days time. Just little fights that evolved into bigger ones. Jealousy, understanding, and stubbornness. The cause of all the fights. Those fights hurt her and now she can no longer trust me. She is afraid I will hurt her again even though the only thing I want to do in the entire world is make her happy. I know that I can be hard and stubborn sometimes, but in the end all I want is for her to be happy, I want to protect her, be there for her, be the reason she smiles, show her that there is light in this world.
- —Guest Johnny
Ii hurt him
- I broke a promise to my boyfriend twice. I promised not to smoke or drink. I drank, he forgave me. I smoked, and he needed me that day so he came over and smelled it in my breath. He was so hurt and left. He forgave me but is very scared I'm going to hurt him again. I don't know what to do, I don't know why I keep hurting him. I don't do it intentionally. I want to make it up but I don't know how.
- —Guest anonymous