From the article: Animal Totems
Share Post: Have you been visited by an animal spirit in a dream, vision, or in reality? A hawk spotted flying overhead, a bluebird's feather laying on the ground found at your feet, and a rabbit seen scampering into your backyard each have special meaning. A black bear or rattlesnake that visits through a dream delivers an important message. The flock of monarchs migrating in front of your windshield as you are driving down the highway also offers a lesson. If you have ever been given spiritual guidance through the appearance of an animal please share your story. What animal was it and what did it teach you? Share Your Experience
Red Fox and Hawk
- This morning (Mother's Day) I saw a red fox race up the hill behind my home immediately followed by a hawk flying by my window. For the past 10 years my child and I have been estranged after my unkind sister won her over with a lavish lifestyle. I have been shut out of my child's graduations - 5 years ago from college and two days ago from medical school. What are my animal spirit guides here to tell me?
- —Guest Joyous Sightings
My red cardinal visit
- In searching for a new home in New England, I was visited outside my motel room by a bright red cardinal. What amazed me about this bird was that it swooped down under the porch, landed not one foot away from me, yet, never thought to flee. We both sat tranfixed, looking at each other, this bird, as birds do, twitching its head as if contemplating me. After several minutes, the bird flew away. I had found the town in which I was to find my new home.
- I had walked outside to wash and seen a pigeon looking at me and would not move. I washed for abt 5 hrs and it was still in the same place. I thought it might of been sick. My dog died the next day. I thought of the Pigeon right away, I knew it was a sign of some kind.
- —Guest Dora
- I just had a eagle land near me.. I could have touched him. I just learnt from the love of my life.. what it was about.. I feel honoured... how beautiful
- —Guest bek
- I dreamt of a fox it was brown with black ears and was grinning. I heard someone explaining to me that i was a piece of a puzzle. I woke up to a real fox howling at the moon outside my window.
- —Guest anon
- I was looking through large windows and a black bear cub came up to the window. His mother followed behind him. And then a group of gorillas came
- —Guest Andrea
My cat a healer
- I have a beautiful healer cat every time I would be sad it would come near me and rub her forehead against mine and I would stop crying. She is a good cat, I love her. I call her mama cat.
- —Guest Terry
Visited by a BIG White Cat
- I have dreamed one night that i woke up in the morning and as i was looking through my window , a big white cat was sitting in the yard like waiting for someone or smth. i didn't come closely because of the fear . Another dream was one in which I was runnig like a feline really really fast with all four legs but i couldn't see my body at all...I felt very free and i experienced a very peacefully feeling
- —Guest Lora
- ok just gone out on patrol was walking round and out the corner of my eye a white wolf looking best way i can call it is thing was following me on my right side then it disapeared but it felt like i was being followed very strange
- —Guest anthony
Deer in the headlights
- Reading the stories here, I am reminded of a late night several years ago, when I was driving home from a long trip. It was about 3am, and I had just come off the highway and was only 5 minutes from my house on a secondary road. All of a sudden a large adult buck with full antlers walked out into the middle of the road. I had plenty of time to stop, and now my car was about 20 feet from this majestic animal with the headlights on. I was a bit frightened at first, but the animal did not run away or seem frightened at all. My car was completely stopped with the engine running and the lights on. This animal was completely still, and we both just stared at each other for at least 20 seconds or longer. It was amazing. He then just slowly walked into the woods on the other side of the street. I am not sure what all this means, but I think I am very lucky to have had this encounter with this beautiful animal...........
- —Guest Awestruck
Nightly visit from rabbit
- For the last 4 nights, there has been a rabbit in my driveway or walkway. It's always around the same time each night. It will stay very still for some time. I live in a densely populated area, so it is unusual to see a rabbit hopping about around here. I watch it thru my window and get a very warm and caring feeling when I see it. It is quite wonderful. Tonight, I put some food out for it because the ground is snow covered, so it may be hungry. I have an affection for this animal and I don't know why. I would like to be it's friend and care for it. That seems silly but that's how I feel. I bet God cares about us in the same way. It is a beautiful feeling that I can not describe. I guess this is what love is......
- —Guest Brian A.
My seal spirit guide?
- I became permanently disabled on 7/6/2011 and fortunately a successful spine operation six months later gave me back my ability to stand up. I lost the 35 year dental hygiene profession I loved. I am 56 years old and at 56, a single Mom with two grown and married children, I thought my life was over. In my struggle with therapy, both physical and continued psychotherapy, I found myself one day walking along the bay where I live trying to be mindful and find peace that day in nature. When suddenly, I heard what sounded like breathing. I looked up quite puzzled as I was alone with the water's edge and nature. When suddenly, just ten feet away from where I stretched my leg on the fence, I looked up to be greeted by a stunning baby seal! I couldn't believe my eyes or ears. It was an outstanding experience. Incredible, and I was alone with the seal with no cell phone in hand, and no other person in sight to tell! Out of this experience, I learned about " spirit animals".
- —Guest a123smile
- After losing so many loved ones in such a short period of time, I was in need of comfort and peace. I think at this time llife was showing me how vulnerable I was to death, something I had never acknowledged before in my life. I had become very competent in pushing those feelings aside and avoiding them, until life, or should we say death, made me look right at it. I started taking walks, be out in the sunshine, in nature, etc. One day as I walked along a road, I looked to my right where a red bird was on a barbed wire fence, bounding along the fence along side me. As I watched and walked, it was as if this bird was letting me know it's presence, which gave me such peace and joy. I couldn't wait to tell others about it, and ironically, they could care less. LOL That has been about 10 years ago, and I remember seeing the bird as if it happened 10 minutes ago. And it still gives me comfort. I don't know if it was an angel or a lost loved one, but I love it.
- —Guest Vollena
Strange Spirit animals.
- For as long as I can remember I've had the same two spirit animals. A Blue eyed Appaloosa horse that always had war paint on it. And an animal that was always sleeping on it or beside it, that I could never find out what it was. Recently my pet that I have raised from a baby was poisoned and killed she was literally my child. My friend told me to go on a spirit walk 3 weeks afterwards and I was terrified to find that the sleeping animal on the appaloosa was awake and staring at me. This animal was the spitting image of my deceased cat. I need help to find out why that animal woke up now and why is it my cat. And what does this mean??
- —Guest Decor
- I had a dream that I was i saw a black wolf with a long neck and yellow eyes It was like looking in a mirror it was sitting right in front of me eye to eye contact then I noticed it was me. I think it was my spirit guide saying I'm a wolf in a mans body, and I am of Native American descent , I'm related to a lot of Blackfoot Native American . I'm also African American .
- —Guest Blackfoot
1-15 of 180Next