Seven States of Consciousness
- Dreaming (REM sleep)
- Dreamless Sleep (non- REM)
- Transcendental Consciousness (TC)
- Cosmic Consciousness (CC)
- Glorified State of Cosmic Consciousness (GC)
- Unified State of Cosmic Consciousness (UC)
The way to achieving Higher States of Consciousness - The Triune MeditationMeditation is threefold:
- Physical Meditation
- Verbal Meditation
- Mental Meditation
Speaking kind words and not hurting anyone, Observance of Truth, Self-Study (serious study of the Self) - all these constitute Verbal Meditation.
Mental Meditation - Mental cheerfulness, humility, observance of Silence, mastery of the sense organs, purity of heart - all these constitute Mental Meditation. The aim of Nature is to effect Super-Nature and the aim of Yoga is Self_ Actulisation. The Goal of Life is Self-Realisation, and in order to unfold our true potential, we have to follow the Fourfold Path.
He still keeps to the high & difficult road That sole leads to the Eternal's peaks!
Without Knowledge, without service, without psychic control & finally Love, who have ever realised his Self?
And what is prerequisite for this Self_Realisation? Sacrifice!
Only by hard sacrifice is high heaven earned (Aurobindo).
Attachment to the sensory world is Bondage. Sacrifice alone can give us Liberation or Self_Actualisation and the Ultimate Bliss.
Earth's pains are the ransom of its prisoned delights For Joy and not for sorrow was earth made (Aurobindo).
By sacrifice, we become the Self_Actualising person of Abraham Maslow living in the widest possible frame of reference.
He who to none and nowhere overbound By ties of flesh, takes evil things and good Neither desponding nor exulting such Bears Wisdom's plainest mark ! (The Song Celestial)
About the Land of Wisdom, extolled by Western scholarsWalt Whitman said:
- To India, to primal thought
To Reason's early paradise
Of Wisdom's birth and innocent intuitions
Of a fair creation.
- India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition.
- India is the mother of us all; through Sanskrit, the mother of Europe's languages, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity, through the Arabs, of higher mathematics & algebra; through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is, in many ways, the mother of us all.