- Dreaming (REM sleep)
- Dreamless Sleep (non- REM)
- Transcendental Consciousness (TC)
- Cosmic Consciousness (CC)
- Glorified State of Cosmic Consciousness (GC)
- Unified State of Cosmic Consciousness (UC)
Dr. Robert Keith Wallace proved the existence TC in his Phd Thesis The physiological effects of Transcendental Meditation, a Proposed Fourth Major state of Consciousness.
The way to achieving Higher States of Consciousness - The Triune MeditationMeditation is threefold:
- Physical Meditation - Reverence to preceptors and Yogis, worship of one's Tutelary Deity, observance of Continence, non-violence - all these constitute Physical Meditation.
- Verbal Meditation - Speaking kind words and not hurting anyone, Observance of Truth, Self-Study (serious study of the Self) - all these constitute Verbal Meditation.
- Mental Meditation - Mental cheerfulness, humility, observance of Silence, mastery of the sense organs, purity of heart - all these constitute Mental Meditation.
He still keeps to the high and difficult road That soul leads to the Eternal's peaks!
Without Knowledge, without service, without psychic control and finally Love, who has ever realised his Self?
What is prerequisite for this Self-Realisation? Sacrifice! Only by hard sacrifice is high heaven earned (Aurobindo). Attachment to the sensory world is Bondage. Sacrifice alone can give us Liberation or Self-Actualisation and the Ultimate Bliss Earth's pains are the ransom of its prisoned delights For Joy and not for sorrow was earth made (Aurobindo). By sacrifice, we become the Self-Actualising person of Abraham Maslow living in the widest possible frame of reference.
He who to none and nowhere overbound by ties of flesh, takes evil things and good Neither desponding nor exulting such Bears Wisdom's plainest mark! ~The Song Celestial
About the Land of Wisdom, extolled by Western scholarsWalt Whitman said:
- To India, to primal thought
To Reason's early paradise
Of Wisdom's birth and innocent intuitions
Of a fair creation.
- India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition.
- India is the mother of us all; through Sanskrit, the mother of Europe's languages, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity, through the Arabs, of higher mathematics & algebra; through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is, in many ways, the mother of us all.