There are three levels of Reiki training. Here are the outlines of the classroom structures I put to use in my traditional Usui Reiki classes.
Second Degree Reiki Class Syllabus
Third Degree Reiki Class Syllabus
First Degree Class
- Class Preparation - Get to class on time. It is recommended to avoid nicotine and caffeine the day prior to and the day of class. Wear comfortable clothing made of natural fibers (cotton, wool, silk, etc.) Do not wear nylon stockings or any other restrictive type of garments. Bring two cushy pillows. This is a full day class, don't forget to eat breakfast.
- Introduction - Meet your instructor (Reiki Master) and fellow classmates while sipping on some relaxing herbal tea. This is the time for getting comfortable in your classroom , briefly chatting with your classmates.
- Brief Discussion - Why are you taking this class? What are your expectations?
- Class Overview - Class agenda is shared with students.
- Definition of Reiki - Universal Life Energy - defining what is it.
- Pre-Reiki hands-on experience - Notice your hands, is there any energy flow?
- Receive attunements 1 & 2
- Share attunement experience with class.
- Post-attunement hands-on experience.
- Learn self-treatment hand positions.
- Give yourself a full self treatment.
- History of Reiki - Who are Dr. Usui, Dr. Hayashi, and Mrs. Hawayo Takata?
- Lunch break.
- Receive attunements 3 & 4
- Share time.
- Learn hand positions to give a Reiki treatment to others.
- Group Reiki - Everyone takes turns receiving a Reiki treatment.
- Class Ends - At the end of the day you are Reiki Level 1. Your attunement to Reiki energy is permanent. Reiki is a balancing energy......drink lots of extra water for the next few days. You are to be congratulated for having given yourself such a wonderful gift.