The salad ingredients given here are only suggestions. The rule of thumb is that a chakra salad should include foods that are representative of each of the seven primary chakras. The article Foods that Fuel Your Chakra is a good guideline to use when preparing your shopping list. Feel free to be creative when preparing your own chakra salad.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 2 to 3 cups - Fresh baby spinach (heart chakra)
- 1 half cup - Shredded red cabbage ( brow and heart chakra)
- 1 half cup - Shredded carrots (root chakra)
- 1 fistful - Sun-dried tomatoes ( sacral chakra)
- 1 fistful - Golden raisins ( throat chakra)
- 2-3 T. Raw sunflower seeds (solar plexus chakra)
- 1/4 cup - Feta cheese (solar plexus chakra)
- Garnish - Yellow pepper rings ( throat chakra)
- Garnish - Poppyseed grain wafer ( brow and solar plexus chakras)
- Blessing ( crown chakra)
Recommended dressings: sesame ginger dressing or balsamic vinegar and oil
After preparing the salad and before serving it offer a blessing to show gratitude for the bounty provided. Blessings are actions that nurture the spiritual center (crown chakra).