- Please send JPG pictures that are no larger than 1000 X 1000 pixels. Try to use the best compression.
- Make sure that you own the copyright to the pictures that you will submit. If you don't own the copyright, you must seek permission from the copyright holder before submitting the photo.
- If other people appear in your photos, please make sure that you have their permission to have their image published publicly before you submit the photos.
- Do not send more than three (3) photo attachments per email.
- Do not submit your photos in a .zip file.
Submission Instructionsa. Open your email program and send an email to email@example.com - To avoid having your submissions lost in a sea of emails please use this as your subject line: Healing Photo of the Week Submission. I have my mail system programmed to capture all photo submissions in a dedicated folder with this subject line.
b. Copy and paste all of the text between the lines below into the body of your new email. We have to be assured that the material you're submitting is your own, so if any text is missing we will not be able to use your photo.
c. Finally, add the appropriate information to the text within that email window, attach the photo/s as a file attachment to that email and send it in.
-----------Copy and Paste In Your Email--------------
Your name (to appear with your picture):
URL to your Web Page (if applicable):
Brief description of your photo:
I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to About, INC. About, INC and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify About, INC for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material. For more information, please see our user agreement.
-----------end of copy/paste clip--------------------
It is that easy! Thank you for your submission.
Please Note: While I certainly look forward to seeing and displaying a variety of photos, I cannot promise to use every photo submitted and reserve the right to use only submissions that are deemed appropriate from a subject or quality point of view. You will receive an email notification if your photo is chosen to be published as the Healing Photo of the Week. Unfortunately, due to the amount of email received, I am unable to reply to inquiries concerning unpublished photos.