Selecting essences is often a process of inner growth and awareness. Flower essences are the blossoms of plants prepared from a sun infusion in a bowl of water, then further diluted, potentized, and then preserved with brandy.
- Sterilize your equipment by washing with hot soapy water. Be sure not to touch the inside surface of bowl and jars after washing to insure the purity of the essence to be processed.
- Intuitively connect with the Deva (entity or life spark) of the flower you have chosen to process in deciding how many actual flower heads are to be collected (generally one to five).
- Collect the flower head by snipping them onto the glass saucer while being careful not to handle them. Touching them or sniffing them will alter the flower's energy.
- Remove the petals using scissors or tweezers. Allow the petals to fall onto the glass saucer without handling them with your hands.
- Fill two-quart bowl with one quart of distilled water.
- Lift the petals one by one and place them in the bowl of water so that each petal touches the water surface. The petals will float. Shake loose all the stamen before hand.
- Place the bowl in the garden or sunny place outdoors.
- Repeat steps 2-7 for each individual flower variety that you are making during the preparations.
- Give prayerful request to the nature spirits for the healing properties of the flowers be treated by the sunlight. Allow 30-60 seconds per bowl full of petals. Deva energy is cosmically released into the water.
- Allow the grounding process to take place. 3 hrs. - sunny day, 2 hrs. - partly sunny day
- Fill two quart canning jars with approximately 1 qt. of brandy. Recommended ratio is 40-50 percent brandy and 60-50 percent essence (no more than 50 percent brandy).
- Fill the remainder of the jars with the solarized flower solution.
- Secure the jar with clean lid and bands and label with name of flower and date.
- The finished jars can be then placed in the center of your garden or an alternate "power spot" for final processing.
- Congratulations, your mother tinctures are complete! Your stock essences can be diluted into dosage portions at your convenience.
- Tools and supplies needed: scissors, long tweezers, 2 quart glass bowl, glass saucer, distilled water, quart canning jars and lids, brandy
- Best time for collecting flowers: 8 AM - 10:30 AM. A sunny day is a must in preparing flower essences!
- Choose flowers a day a head of being fully open.
- Choosing which flower to be made into essences for your personal use can in itself be a process of inner growth and awareness.