- Jan 18, 1899 - Feb 02, 1972 - Ambrose Worrall
Jan 20, 1869 - Oct 10, 1955 - Son of a blacksmith, Australian born Frederick Alexander, had an early interest and lifetime passion for acting (melodrama) and the theater. He took acting lessons in Melbourne and eventually became a teacher of stage skills (voice and breathing techniques). He collaborated with a pediatrician and surgeon in planning the publication of a book that didn’t pan out. Later, on his own he published Man’s Supreme Inheritance, which outlined his ideas that became the foundation of the Alexander Technique.
Contribution to the Healing Community: Developer of The Alexander Method of Healing. More About Frederick Matthias Alexander
- Jan 27, 1923 - May 02, 2003 - As a medical student, Dr. Konstantin Pavlovich Buteyko, made numerous death bed vigils. While monitoring the lungs of diseased and dying patients he noted a deepening of breath in them. He also observed that oxygen levels in the brain will decrease when a person hyperventilates. His life path revolved around researching the effects of altering breath patterns in suffers of a variety of chronic dis-eases such as headaches, asthma and angina for improvement of symptoms and ultimate cure. More About Konstantin Pavlovich Buteyko
Contribution to the Healing Community: Developer of the Buteyko Breathing Technique.
- Feb 03, 1821 - May 31, 1910 - Elizabeth Blackwell - Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell was the first woman to graduate from medical school. She was a school teacher prior to attending and graduating from Geneva Medical College in New York in 1849. Her sister, Emily Blackwell, followed in her footsteps and also received a medical degree. Together they founded the New York Infirmary for Women and Children... more about Elizabeth Blackwell and her pioneering achievements in the medical community.
- Feb 08, 1921 - Feb 01, 2001 - John Pierrakos
- Feb 15, 1946 - Nov 11, 2012 - Patricia Monaghan, Ph.D. - Visionary poet and spiritual activist, Patricia Monaghan, followed a pagan path. She had a keen interest in women's spirituality, devoting her life's work to continued studies of Goddess. Recognized and beloved by the pagan community for her zest for life and many writings. Author of over twenty books includingThe Encyclopedia of Goddesses and Heroines and The Red-Haired Girl from the Bog.
- Feb 16, 1802 - Jan 16, 1866 - Phineas Parkhurst Quimby - American born, Phineas Parkhurst Quimby had an investigative nature and and inventive mind. He worked on his theory that illness could be cured through the mind (mental healing). He called his theory "the Truth." He was convinced that dis-ease was an error of the mind... or not real. He is possibly the first documented medical intuitives.
Contribution to the Healing Community: Clairvoyant, Researcher. More About Phineas Parkhurst Quimby
- Feb 16, 1878 - Sep 18, 1951 - Pamela Colman Smith - Occultist Arthur Edward Waite commissioned artist Pamela Colman Smith (AKA "Pixie") to illustrate the 78 cards in the popular esoteric card deck best known today as the Rider-Waite Tarot. Her artwork is thought to possibly be inspired by the 15th century Sola Busca Tarot. Pixie attended the Pratt Institute of Art in Brooklyn in 1893 while in her teens. Pixie was also a published author and storyteller.
Contribution to the Healing Community: Designer/Illustrator of the Rider Waite-Smith Deck. More About Pamela Colman Smith
- Feb 26, 1890 - Dec 09, 1981 - Randolf Stone
- Mar 07, 1845 – Oct 20, 1913 - Daniel David Palmer, Founder of Chiropractic Medicine
- Mar 14, 1942 – Mar 26, 2010 - Professor Park Jae Woo, Founder of Su Jok Therapy
- Mar 18, 1877 - Jan 03, 1945 - Edgar Cayce, The Sleeping Prophet
- Apr 04, 1802 - Jul 17, 1887 - Dorthea Dix
- Apr 09, 1925 - Oct 21, 1995 - Linda Goodman was an internationally known astrologer, poet, and author. Her best-selling book Linda Goodman's Sun Signs: How to Really Know Your Husband * Wife * Lover * Child * Boss * Employee * Yourself through Astrology introduced many people to basics of astrology in a easily digestible and entertaining way. Wielding her pen with humor and wit she taught how the sun placement on the day of birth related to a person's personality and character traits.
Contribution to the Healing Community: Teacher of astrology and numerology. More About Linda Goodman
- Apr 10, 1755 - Jul 02, 1843 - Samuel Hahnemann, Founder of Homeopathy
- Apr 18, 1916 - 1982 - Tom Bowen - Inspired by Ernie Saunders' physical manipulation, Australian native, Tom Bowen, developed his own healing technique. His bodywork technique has been since named Bowen Therapy. His daughters, Heather Edmonds and Pam Trigg, proclaimed him to be "The only original Bowen therapist"" in The Tom Bowen Story, a short biography of their father.Chronological (by birth month) listing of men and women who are cherished within the healing community. Each of these trailblazers have contributed in some significant way, shedding light onto our healing paths. These remarkable individuals are worthy of our gratitude and appreciation.
Contribution to the Healing Community: Originator of Bowen Therapy
- Apr 29, 1856 - unknown - Francis Schlatter
- May 02, 1903 – Mar 15, 1998 - Benjamin Spock
- May 08, 1929 – Sep 05, 1984 - Jane Roberts
- May 12, 1820 – Aug 13, 1910 - Florence Nightingale
- May 17, 1821 - June 17, 1897 - Sebastian Kneipp
- May 19, 1986 - Mar 19, 1979 - Ida Pauline Rolf
- May 29, 1893 - Dec 07, 1976 - Harry Edwards
- Jun 16, 1880 – Dec 15, 1949 - Alice Ann Bailey
- Jun 22, 1918 - Jul 14, 2005 - Dame Saunders
- Jun 15, 1899 - Nov 01, 2005 - Gladys Tantaquidgeon, Mohegan Medicine Woman
- Jul 16, 1952 - Oct 24, 2009 - Ted Andrews
- Jul 18, 1908 - Jul 07, 1981 - Peace Pilgrim
- Jul 26, 1920 - May 29, 1995 - Jean Valnet
- Aug 11, 1914 - Feb 07, 1999 - José Silva
- Aug 15, 1865 - Mar 09, 1926 - Mikoa Usui
- Aug 15, 1952 – Mar 19, 2007 - Choa Kok Sui
- Aug 18. 1918 - Mar 05, 2008 - George Goodheart
- Aug 26, 1920 - Sep 05, 1997 - Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu (Mother Teresa)
- Sep 24, 1986 - Nov 27, 1936 - Edward Bach
- Oct 02, 1857 - May 19, 1957 - Arthur Edward Waite
- Oct 02, 1869 - Jan 30, 1948 - Mahatma Gandhi
- Oct 05, 1913 - ??? ??, 1998 - Hanna Kroeger, Grandmother of Health
- Oct 18, 1616 - Jan 10, 1654 - Nicholas Culpeper
- Oct 18, 1881 - Mar 08, 1959 - Max Gerson
- Nov 15, 1776 - May 3, 1839 - Per Henrik Ling is a Swedish born medical practitioner who developed a system of gymnastic exercises, based on the martial arts, to be used in schools and the Swedish army. His massage technique (Swedish massage) was first called Lingism.
- Nov 18, 1906 - Feb 02, 1972 - Ambrose Worrall co-authored several books with his wife, Olga, a talented clairvoyant. His spiritual and paranormal interests include clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, psycho-kinesis, psychometry, and theories of survival. Both Ambrose and Olga were founding members of the Spiritual Frontiers Fellowship, a Christian group interested in occult studies.
Contribution to the Healing Community: Spiritual Healer
- Nov 30, 1906 - Jan 09, 1985 - Olga Worrall
- Dec ??, 1863 - Aug ??, 1950 - Black Elk, Lakota Medicine Man
- Dec 18, 1938 - Sep 25, 2005 - Janet Mentgen, Founder of Healing Touch
- Dec 24, 1900 - Dec 11, 1980 - Hawayo Takata, Japanese American Reiki Master
- Dec 25, 1821 - Apr 12, 1912 - Clara Barton