Doreen Virtue is a best-selling author and metaphysician who works within the angelic realms and communicates directly with the angels. Doreen was a natural clairvoyant during her childhood. Doreen has described her ability to see spirits when she was a child to be much like the little boy portrayed in the movie The Sixth Sense. Angels were as real to her as humans visible to everyone. But as many children do, she stifled her ability to see and converse with angels and spirits to avoid misunderstanding by adults and teasing by her peers.
On July 15, 1995 the angels who had never abandoned Doreen even though she had chosen to ignore them since childhood intervened on her behalf. A kidnapping and carjacking attempt by two thugs were offset when she listened to a commanding voice instructing her to scream. Her loud screaming alerted passerbys to what was happening and also caused her attackers to run away. After this frightening incident Doreen began re-evaluating her ability to see and communicate spirits. She began rebuilding her relationship with the angelic realm.
Angels and Psychology:
Doreen's textbook understanding of psychology took on a whole different perspective when she incorporated spirituality into her practice of psychology. She developed <i>Angel Therapy</i> and has certified thousands of students as spiritual counselors and angel therapy practitioners. Doreen's work has been focused on her personal connection with angelic realms. She offers workshops and classes on mediumship and angel therapy.
Is Doreen Virtue's Angel Therapy in Conflict with Christianity?:
Not at all. Doreen was raised as a Christian. She communicates and consults with God, the Holy Spirit, Jesus, angels, and the archangels. However, Doreen is sensitive to all spiritual paths. She recognizes that people of all faiths and cultures believe in angels.
Education / Work:
- B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. degrees in counseling psychology
- Founder (Former Director) of WomanKind Psychiatric Hospital at Cumberland Hall Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Former administrator at Woodside Women’s Hospital in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Teacher of Angel Therapy since 1996
- Best-Selling Author - Healing with the Angels and Messages from Your Angels
National Media Darling:
Doreen has been frequently heard on radio programs and viewed as a guest on a variety of talk shoes including Oprah, The View, and Donny & Marie. Doreen's work has also been featured in several print publications including McCall's, TV Guide, Woman's Day, First for Women, Vegetarian Times, Lotus, Woman's World, Miracles, Bridal Trends, USA. Today, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Daily News, The Boston Globe, Men's Fitness, Shape, and The Denver Post.
Doreen Virtue Angel Books:
- Signs from Above: Angelic Messages to Guide Your Life Choices
- How to Hear Your Angels
- Archangels and Ascended Masters
- Angel Numbers
- Angel Medicine
- Angel Numbers 101
- Healing with the Angels
- The Miracles of Archangel Michael
- Angels 101
- Daily Guidance from Your Angels
- Realms of the Earth Angels
- Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area of Your Life
- Divine Guidance: How to Have a Dialogue with God and Your Guardian Angels
- Messages from Your Angels
- Thank You, Angels
- Healing Words From The Angels: 365 Daily Messages
- Solomon's Angels: A Novel
More Spiritual and Healing Books:
In addition to her authoritative writings on the subject of angels Doreen Virtue has also written books on a variety of other healing and spiritual topics including lightworkers, chakras, dolphins, magic, fairies, Indigo and Crystal Children, crystal therapy, nutrition and dieting.