Breakfast - Mushroom and onion omelet (the mushrooms were leftovers from supper last night).
Mid-Morning Snack - Turkey breast rollup.
Lunch - Cottage cheese and half an avocado.
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Glass of V8 juice
Supper - Albacore White tuna (1/3 of water-packed foil packet), other half of avocado, one vegetable quiche cup, and a small portion of black beans
Dessert - skip
I realize that my supper choice was a bit of a hodge-podge. I eat that way sometimes... a little of this, a little of that. It can make for weird combinations sometimes. When my kids were growing up at home about once a week we had a "Fend for yourself supper night" to help clear out all the leftovers in the fridge. The kids loved it! I guess I still do that now and again.
DAY 7 - I've gained back one pound. Hmmm.... I wonder if it was the yummy avocado yesterday that tipped the scales a bit. I'm not worried, the tape measure is a better success indicator. I've dropped a total of two inches around my waist since Day 1. Also, my clothes are fitting a little bit looser.
Breakfast - Two vegetable quiche cups.
Mid-Morning Snack - skip
Lunch - Turkey breast and hummus spread roll up.
Mid-Afternoon Snack -
Supper - Broiled Talapia, steamed broccoli, Crystal Light lemonade.
Dessert - Serving of Cherry Jello (sugarfree)
Those quiche cups are pretty tasty. They were made with spinach, green bell peppers and onions. I think I'll make a second batch tomorrow using tonight's leftover broccoli. Fixing supper was a breeze. I quickly spread Smart Balance Spread with parsley on top of the fish before I stuck it in the broiler. I'm a butter lover, but I like Smart Balance just fine. The Talapia was completely cooked within 5 minutes, any longer it would have been too dry. My husband really enjoyed the Jello dessert. But once again the artifical sweetner was not to my liking, same with the Crystal Light. I don't think I'm ever going to acquire a taste for fake sugar!
Phase 1 - First Week Summary
Here I am at the end of my first week on the SBD and half way through Phase I. I dropped another pound and a half from yesterday's weight. This just proves that is not a good idea to weigh daily. But for the sake of this diet log I wanted to report daily weight changes, both ups and downs.
Drum Roll Please--
After the first week I have shed 4.5 lbs. I have lost one and a half inches from my bust, two inches from my waist, one-half inch from my hips and one-half inch from my thighs! I slipped into a pair of slacks that I had stashed to the back of my closet last year because they were too snug on me. They fit perfectly! I preened in front of the mirror for a couple of minutes. If my mother had been here, she probably would have shamed me a bit by telling me to "get over myself." And she would have been right, but that didn't stop me...laugh.
- Weight loss: 'nuff said
- Variety of food: I'm enjoying the yummy recipes in the SBD book. The recipes alone are worth the price of the book - compare prices
- Happy cockatiel: Our pet bird, Lover Boy, is extremely happy with the extra attention he is getting from me in the mornings while I am puttering around the the kitchen when preparing my breakfast.
- Less sleep needed: I don't know if this is a direct result of my diet, but I have woken up about an hour earlier than usual for the past couple of days.
- Artificial Sweetners: Yuck! They don't taste that great! Good thing I'm not much of a dessert eater.
- Digestive Disruption: I'm feeling a little bit cranky because my body is sensitive to change. The roughage in this diet is affecting my digestion. I'll be keeping a check on this.
South Beach Diet Journal Feedback
SBD - Week Two
Next Page: Phase 1 Recipes