- Two poached eggs and one medium sized tomato (salted and peppered) from our garden.
- 15 nuts (5 almonds, 5 cashews, 3 pecans, and 2 macadamia nuts.
- Bowl of chili
- skipped (not hungry)
- Cobb Crab Salad - recipe from South Beach Diet.
- stick of string cheese
If you get the SBD book you really must try the Cobb Crab Salad, it was very tasty and surprisingly filling. I made a mistake in preparing the chili. I thought it was okay to have beans in the chili. And that was right, but I put in pinto beans which is not allowed. I could have correctly chosen either kidney beans or black beans. I also took the time to count out 15 nuts into individual Rubbermaid snack cups with snap-on lids. I figure this way when I want nuts for a snack I'll simply grab a snack cup rather than dipping my hand into the nut can where I'd be tempted to eat more than my allowed number.
- I jumped on the scales and see no difference after just one day on my new diet. I know it is too soon to be expecting results... *shrug*
- Two slices of bacon. Two fried eggs. Glass of V8 juice (the kind with the calcium added).
- spoonful of peanut butter
- small bowl of cottage cheese (although I don't know why, I wasn't particularly hungry)
- Tossed spinach salad with yellow tomato, radishes, turnip, olives, blue cheese and grilled chicken breast. I drizzed about one T. of red wine vinaigrette salad oil on it. Perfection!
Evening Snack or Dessert
- I must really be obsessing on this diet and my belly. I dreamt last night that a girl in her twenties was having a conversation with me. At one point she laughed and said "I know other women like you" to which I responded "Yes, how is that?" She answered "You know, women in their forties with protruding bellies." Auck! Now I'm feeling self-conscious in my sub-conscious!
- Cheese Omelet stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, canadian bacon, fresh mushrooms, and onion.
- 15 nuts
- one dill pickle
- Broiled Mahi Mahi, stir-fried vegetables, and fresh tomato wedges.
- Glass of seltzer water with a splash of orange juice added in.
I don't know if it was such a good idea to skip lunch today. But, I simply wasn't hungry at all. Later I was wanting to have something and ended up having two afternoon snacks before preparing supper. The splash of orange juice was a cheat since you're not suppose to have any fruit or fruit juices in Phase 1 of this diet. But, I did it because I really wanted to have a Cherry Coke, and it seemed the best substitute to satisfy my craving. Something sort of sweet and carbonated. It worked! Before bed I also treated myself to a warm cup of mint tea.
Next Page: First Week of Diet: Days 4 & 5