The Earth is our mother. Mother Nature has much to teach us. It is from her womb that we are nurtured and healed. Hugging a tree is one way you can "embrace nature" and love her, but there are many other things you can do.
Time Required: varies
- Brown-bag it to the neighborhood park over lunch.
- Tuck in a packet of springtime flower seeds inside the envelopes you mail out your bill payments in during the month of April - won't that surprise your bill collectors!?!
- Take a detour on your way to work to the kiddie park, get out of your parked car and run to the swing sets. Swing as high as you can.
- Take a loaf of bread to a nearby lake and feed the ducks.
- Go skinny dipping.
- Walk barefoot through a muddy creek. Don't forget to squish your toes in the mud.
- Lay in the grass and look at the clouds imagining what their shapes represent.
- Make a dandelion neck-chain.
- Take an afternoon nap under a shady tree.
- Hug a tree!
- Catch a toad, whisper your heart's yearnings to it while holding it in your hands. Release it.
- Plant a sapling.
- Go for a walk in the rain (no fair using an umbrella).
- Collect seashells along the beach.
- Surprise someone with a May Basket in September.
- Take a child along with you on your next "hugging nature adventure."
- Share this list with a friend.