1. Religion & Spirituality
Phylameana lila Desy

Guardian Angel Names

By April 11, 2013

angelThe first time I saw my guardian angel she appeared to me as a wingless creature, actually she looked like a teenager. Not the image most people would think of an angel... but then who says angels have to look a particular way? She had flaming red hair and was chewing and popping bubblegum in a bit of an annoying way. She appeared next to me while I was sitting on the front step of my home one afternoon. She made me laugh (a much needed fit of laughter). On that same day she also told me that her name was Rachael. I don't remember asking her what her name was, but she simply volunteered that information. When she materialized that day it was like having a best friend wrapping her arm around my shoulders when I most needed a hug and an understanding grin.

Since then I call out "Rachael" whenever I sense her near me. She hasn't materialized for me in years, yet I will feel her essence around me quite frequently. There is no reason for her to "show herself" when she understands that I recognize her presence.

Just because you cannot see angels... doesn't mean they aren't nearby. Still, it is nice to get a sign or be given the treat of a visitation. When you are open to the possibility, it is more likely to happen. I also understand wanting to know a name. Ask An Angel columnist Eileen offers advice: How to Discover Your Guardian Angel's Name.

Also see:

Each week, we invite a different intuitive to answer a question from a reader. If you'd like to submit a question for Eileen please email her directly.

Meet Our In House Intuitives

Comments
February 15, 2010 at 8:23 pm
(1) kborga says:

When did you start working with your Angels? What is the story of your relationship with them?

February 17, 2010 at 8:51 am
(2) Pamela says:

Can our parents be our guardian angels? I often feel that my dad is with me, also my in-laws. Others who have passed on, too. I feel very protected by those with whom I’ve had lovely relationships while in life.

February 17, 2010 at 11:13 am
(3) Delia says:

I agree with the comment of those who have gone on. My momma, is always in love with the angels, statues and has so many symbols. I on the other hand feel like they are around and my body lets me know. A touch on shoulder like or feel of hovering around me. Smell that is familiar and yet not. Maybe those before or a angels. I don’t have all the answers but since childhood always have been there. You almost feel like a alien sense of separation from the rest.(or crazy) You just dig deeper.

February 22, 2010 at 9:17 am
(4) Ashi says:

I love what you said regarding praying is like talking to God and Meditating is listening…I will keep it with me and share it with others. I am sure it will heal a lot of souls.
God Bless and thanks
Ash

February 24, 2010 at 6:45 pm
(5) Brittany says:

Hi Eileen! Wonderful article! As an angel advisor myself I find that you are right on about often not getting names of angels for people. In fact, I would say that happens more often than not. That is true for my personal experience as well. Years ago when I had my first reading, I asked the psychic for the name of my spirit guide. She received the very clear message that it was not for her to tell me. And now, I am grateful for that because I made the discovery on my own!
Thanks for the wonderful work as always! Lots of love!
Brittany

February 26, 2010 at 12:57 pm
(6) Audra says:

Great information Eileen! It’s easy to worry that if you don’t have the name of your angel then you aren’t connecting with them. But no matter what your angels are there guiding and supporting.

March 1, 2010 at 9:37 am
(7) Tamara says:

Thank you Eileen and About.com (healing) for this great article. It is so insightful and clear. I have already re-read it a few times and glean new information with each reading. Again, Thank You!

March 1, 2010 at 2:06 pm
(8) Kelly says:

Brilliant article Eileen!
I really enjoyed it. It gave your readers permission open their awareness, relax and receive information the way it comes not the way they think it is supposed to come.

Thanks!

March 2, 2010 at 2:54 pm
(9) Julia says:

i LOVE learning about the angels and you have a wonderful way of making it fun and easy. hope to see more of you!!

xoxo
j

July 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm
(10) ashely says:

Can angels communicate with us through dreams? I tend to “see” a lot of things in my lucid dreams. So, is that how I am wired, through astral projection?

June 9, 2011 at 8:26 pm
(11) Michaela says:

Gee, me 2! i used to have dreams about people dying. i remember one that still makes me close to tears. we lived with my moms grampa but someone died from cancer in a different state that was a close cousin. we had to leave that day and we got there by night. the next day as me and my mom got ready 2 take a bath (i was still really young at the time) i told her that grandpa talked to me and he wanted her to know that he was alright and he went quickly. she kept on insisting i meant MY grandpa, but i was adement. i still remember the dream. it made me cry so hard (i’m one of those people who sometimes cry in their sleep). anyways i was in a room that was completly white and 4 some reason he was in a buisness suit and carrying a case he told me to tell her that and then just dissapered. even though at the time i was still really young i realized something was really wrong and started to break down… i never saw him again. the next day my mom got a call saying he was dead. anyways i had another dream about my dog getting stampeded by a big, huger than trees polar bear and the next day i found out he got hit by a bus. that was the last death dream i’ve had (luckily) although i have recently got my tarot cards read by a proffesional psychic and she said i had psychic powers and they would get better as i got older. so anyways i know what you mean…

February 3, 2011 at 6:10 pm
(12) cj says:

wow i have all four claires too :D .I’ve been growing a connetion with my angels for months now,though I never had to read things like this to learn how to connect with them,it all just came naturally, must be cause im so open minded?and the names that they told me were displayed in different ways for each angel.Also I can sense whos there at the moment by a unique presence. I have five guardian angels,but I dont understand why so many?One of my guides whos called “Milenko” said that “were all here for you for different reasons”. anyway love the artical,it should help alot of people connecting with there angel/s :) .

January 3, 2012 at 5:17 pm
(13) Healing light says:

I have just received my Angels name! I came online to try and find any meaning behind the name and stumbled across your article. This is very honest and direct advise. Thank you.

There is so much rubbish on the web. I would recommend this article to anyone.

I have been calling on my angel for the past four years, I have now made it a habit to always call on my angel when doing any kind of energy work, including meditation. Just last week (when I had not asked) my angel showed herself in the form of a visual symbol. I have just finished a meditation and I had a sense of knowing to ask my angels name, so I did and I got an answer!

I have been through stages of yearning to know her (I actually see my angel as androgynous but I often to refer to her in the feminine) name and asking pleadingly, I found this did nothing to help, and if anything seemed to scare her away. So I would say call on your angel regularly, give thanks, and be patient, when the time is write they will let you know.

Love and light,
Imogen

January 24, 2012 at 1:25 pm
(14) Eileen Smith says:

Amazing! So happy to see so many of you getting help from this! :)

blessings!
Eileen

March 21, 2012 at 10:44 pm
(15) Lynn H. says:

Thank you Ellen! That was great advice now I at least have a vivid idea on how to start communication with my guardian angle(s) I believe that you can have more than one guardian angle is that so?

July 18, 2012 at 4:22 am
(16) Charlene Neil says:

I knew a very spiritual person once, and the day I met her she took a step back and gasped. She told me she’d never met a person before that had so many guardian angels. A few days ago I started making contact. I love water, went to stand over a river, and asked my angels to send me feathers. One feather for each angel. As I started walking back, hardly 10 steps away, 5 feathers were laying before me.

I sometimes hear their voices whisper in my ear, especially when there’s danger.