I've since come to my senses and do eat breakfast most days. I normally miss breakfast probably one day a week only because I forget. Years of skipping breakfast can do that to a person. I've come to really enjoy my breakfast time in the mornings. My two favorites are smoothies, and believe it or not... oatmeal! How do you like your oatmeal?
Keeping in mind that a good breakfast consists of fiber and protein I have posted post a week's worth of breakfast choices. Nothing fancy, but absolutely healthy choices. These are easy to prepare, and a couple of them only require you to grab them up on your way out of the door. Enjoy!
Simple to Fix Breakfasts
- Sunday Breakfast: Veggie omelet (two eggs, diced red or green peppers, diced onions, halved cherry or grape tomatoes, salt, pepper, turmeric)
- Monday Breakfast: Protein energy bar
- Tuesday Breakfast: Oatmeal with walnuts and blueberries (click for recipe)
- Wednesday Breakfast: Fresh banana along with handful of almonds or granola mix.
- Thursday Breakfast: Yogurt and fruit smoothie (click for recipe)
- Friday Breakfast: Whole wheat toast spread with peanut butter, fresh apple or pear
- Saturday Breakfast: Cottage cheese, mandarin oranges, rye crackers
~ Affirmation of the Day ~