1. Religion & Spirituality
Phylameana lila Desy

Delia Knox Walks - Miracle, Fraud or Fluke?

By December 30, 2010

Have you heard about the gospel singer who was paralyzed and confined to a wheel chair for 22 years? She miraculously felt sensation in her legs and was able to get out of her chair and walk during a Christian revival meeting in August 2010. Video of Delia Knox's healing miracle quickly became a hit on You Tube. The story has gotten an additional bump of media coverage over the holidays since the drunk driving accident that caused Delia's injuries occurred on Christmas Day in 1987.

There is controversy over Delia Knox's miraculous healing. Skeptics and some believers too are calling it a hoax. Others are rejoicing in the miracle of faith and praising Jesus. Delia walking unassisted after so many years has been called a miracle, a fraud, a fluke, and just plain weird luck? What are your feelings about this, is it a miracle? What do you say? -- real miracle or not? Please share your comments.

Have you experienced or witnessed a miracle? Tell your story.

~ Healing Lesson of the Day ~
~ Affirmation of the Day ~

Join Me on Facebook | Get My Twitter Updates | Visit My Forum

Comments
January 1, 2011 at 12:58 pm
(1) With held says:

I have interacted with her and her husband. I have eaten with them and seen them in casual settings. She was paralyzed and wheelchair bound. I was amazed. It is for real. I withheld my name because I would hate for them to know I was talking about her. But seriously, it was genuine.

January 8, 2011 at 10:26 am
(2) Norma says:

Its for real because God is a healing God! If it were a hoax does that mean for 22 years she pretended to be paralysed and confined herself to a wheelchair just for the fun of it? And for what reason? I dont think so…Lets keep on giving glory and praise to our awesome God for the miracle in this woman’s life! God is GOOD! Amen x

January 18, 2011 at 5:49 am
(3) eric says:

i’ve seen the video and two things struck me. First, someone who hasnt walked in 22 years would not have such full legs. the muscle in their legs would have wasted away to practically nothing. Second, someone who hasnt walked in 22 years would have a motorized wheelchair, which she did not. i think its just the same old christian evangelistist faith healing charlatan parlor tricks as usual

January 29, 2011 at 2:09 am
(4) David says:

You make a good point about muscles wasting away after 22 years, but you blow your credibility away when you don’t know enough to capitalize the word, “I” and the word “Christian.” Also, is there some kind of statute or federal law that says one MUST own a motorized wheel chair after a certain amount of time?
I’m sure you are doing the best you can, but please try harder with your logic.

June 27, 2011 at 1:34 pm
(5) Pat says:

I have two friends who have been accident-induced paraplegics for 30 and 24 years, respectively. Both of them use manual chairs to maintain muscle strength in their arms. Both also have normal sized legs. If they were not sitting in their chairs, you would have no idea that they cannot walk. I work with physically challenged individuals and assist some with walking on a daily basis. I was watching for any signs of fraud, and I don’t see them. I believe this is the REAL DEAL!!! AMEN!!!

September 18, 2011 at 10:21 pm
(6) Lynn says:

My daughter was severely injured in an auto accident on Christmas Eve in 1991. She is wheelchair bound, yet she has beautiful legs to this day. We, like the Knox family, have trusted and believed God for His healing mercies for nearly 20 years and this gives us tremendous hope. Each person who has a spinal cord injury is different. While most who sit in wheelchairs for any length of time will find their limbs whithering and their stomachs/lower body will typically become huge and flabby; this has not been the case with my daughter. Her legs are waiting for the message from the brain, telling her to “get up and walk!”

November 9, 2011 at 5:21 am
(7) Vickie-in Michigan says:

I encourage your daughter to listen to healing testimonies and/or teachings by Andrew Wommack. He teaches about the fact that God has already given us everything, once we accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Inside our spirits (which is the real “us”) we already have healing, deliverance, prosperity, joy, peace, etc. Faith does not move God. Our response of faith, unshakeable believing in our heart is what causes the manifestation to come. Myself, I was afflicted with polio over 58 yrs ago, one leg is paralyzed and the othr leg is 2″ shorter. I know that by “His stripes I am already healed”. I have begun saying out loud healing scriptures daily, as faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Saying it out loud in our own voice gets it into our heart/our spirit-where all the power is and draws it out.

Also, Nathan Morris, the young evangelist, that was preaching the night Delia got healed is going to be preaching again in Georgia Nov.17 or one can watch it live, I believe. He is also going to be in Tennessee Nov. 25. I am planning on attending the Tennessee meeting. If you are close enough, you could take your daughter to one of these meetings.

March 10, 2011 at 5:25 pm
(8) Faith says:

IT is absolutely REAL. So, “Eric” says that the muscles in her legs would be wasted away??!?… Hmm, okay, so… what you are saying is that GOD can make her walk, but can’t fix the muscles in her legs?! Really, don’t be deceived. Check out all the other videos of her on her broadcast 3D Woman. Why would anyone choose to be in a wheelchair for over 20 years? She doesn’t just get up and go running across the stage, my goodness. Look at the facts! God has healed her, and He will do it again for those that believe! PRAISE GOD!

March 23, 2011 at 3:29 pm
(9) devlon says:

Why had she muscles on legs? maybe she was on a wheelchair only during the day..who knows..did she excercised during nights?!

June 15, 2011 at 3:10 am
(10) Robert says:

To devlon–your point is valid. I know a person who was wheelchair bound due to a disease. However, his muscles did not “waste away” because physical therapy was done daily to work the muscles and maintain blood circulation.

June 17, 2011 at 4:07 am
(11) vickie says:

Stop trying to make sense of a miracle. Admit the inevitable, God is bigger than paralysis, bigger than 22yrs, bigger than many of your small imaginations! Delia is healed and we are about to see a lot more of this as the rain of God’s Holy Spirit power fills the earth. Christ is coming back soon-my word to unbelievers, read the book of John for starters and then just allow yourself to BELIEVE God is Who He says He is!!! You will never be sorry.

July 25, 2011 at 4:15 am
(12) Andrea says:

I am glad to say that I remember when she had the accident. Delia was a fairly popular inspiration singer when the tragedy happened. Of course people who don’t believe won’t, but I am a believer mainly because I remember her from 22 years ago. Do you really think someone would sit in a wheelchair for 22 years to pretend at this point in their lives. I think not. It’s a miracle whether you believe it or not!

August 19, 2011 at 2:03 pm
(13) Witness says:

I visited their church about 10-15 times back in 2007/2008. I can truly say after personally WITNESSING people have to lift her legs to assist her that this is no fraud. I am from Mobile, AL and have several close friends that still attend their church. It is no fraud. Someone can’t PRETEND to be paralyzed for twenty-two years.

September 17, 2011 at 2:39 pm
(14) BBB34 says:

She visited the church I used to attend in the Bronx, NY and I personally met her. She was definitely paralyzed and wheelchair bound. I and a couple of my friends in the congregation had to carry her down the stairs. Believe me, I am a Christian who does not leave his brain at the door of the church. I don’t agree with everything she teaches but I believe this is a genuine miracle. God can do anything. He can use anyone to heal anyone. This is real.

January 28, 2012 at 6:04 pm
(15) Brent says:

Yeah, I looked online and found videos of Delia in wheelchair, going back as far as 1990 -

I find it hard to believe that she would pretend to be paralyzed for that many years. This seems like the real deal.

March 23, 2012 at 11:39 am
(16) Charles says:

Glory to God forever more. I dont know how He does it, I dont know when He does it , but I can tell you what I know: GOD IS A HEALER AND I’VE SEEN HIM HEAL THE SICK!!! I’m glad most of you concur with the plain truth but I must talk about the single comment that doesnt. Boy, it made me laugh! Reminds me of Psalms 1:2,4 “Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?… He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.” God brought flesh, skin and life upon dry bones (EZE. 37) and then someone is talking of muscles wasting??? Which part of the word MIRACLE dont you understand? May the mercy of the Lord abide with you.

March 28, 2012 at 10:30 am
(17) james says:

Oddly enough – no current footage of her walking around.

April 13, 2012 at 12:17 am
(18) DEB says:

James, Delia is on television regularly on 3D Women. I have seen her walk several times as she now stands up to sing. She’s even wearing high heeled shoes!

April 26, 2012 at 5:02 am
(19) richard says:

Pfft. Plenty of partial paraplegics get some movement back, enough to walk.

My atheist hocky teacher was a chair bound pareplegic for 6 years before learning to walk albeit with canes.

And what… this woman is a church goer so becuase her partial paraplegia relents enough for her to walk there is a god? What about all those who remain stuck in chairs who have prayed for a cure for which there has been none. Doesn’t this point to there being no God, or if there is one… he is a giant douche?

May 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm
(20) ramdy says:

It’s a sure thing Delia Knox can’t fake her paralysis for 23 years! C’mon! Supernatural things do happen but science just can’t explain the phenomenon that’s why the world rejects it. That simple. By the way, God gave us the spirit of discernment so be wary with some ministers/pastors/evangelist, etc. because some of them have already been corrupted by money, fame, authority and by their self-delighted prophecies & gospel. I hope Nathan Morris will not suffer the same fate.

May 5, 2012 at 6:43 pm
(21) Mindy says:

I recently attended an event in Mobile, Al called Save A Life. I saw Delia Know and her husband walk by holding hands. I had to stop her and introduce myself because I was so excited to see her walking with no cane and no assistance. I don’t know how anyone can see the healing even if on video and not feel the miracle.

May 11, 2012 at 11:49 am
(22) NA says:

Eric– she would not necessarily be in a motor wheelchair. Motor wheelchairs are the most restrictive device– if she was paralyzed from the waist down, there is no reason she couldn’t propel the wheelchair with her arms. People use a motorized wheelchair when they are too weak to use their arms. Her legs were affected, NOT her arms, so what you are saying is false! So yes I think it is real!

June 19, 2012 at 6:46 pm
(23) Hoax says:

Fraud, more catnip for the terminally gullible

July 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm
(24) Thomas says:

I can’t believe in faith healing for this reason: God does not follow the orders of man. If God saw fit to take the legs of someone, He is not going to change his mind because a minister asks him to. How exactly does this work?

Minister: “Dear God, we understand that you have taken the legs of this person, but we think you did so in error. Please correct your mistake.”

God: “Hmm, taking her legs seemed like a good idea at the time, but now that I’ve listened to your prayers, I can see that I was wrong.”

I’ve always believed that the only proper prayers are to express gratitude to God for His blessings and to help me to accept and live within His will.

July 4, 2012 at 2:07 am
(25) Vickie says:

H-m-m! Doubting “Thomas”. Number one, God does not make mistakes. He is a spirit, not a spirit in flesh, as we are. He does not as you put it, “take” someone’s legs. This is a fallen world and satan is for now the prince of the air. Accidents still happen, catastrophes still occur. Christ already went to the cross, did already bear all our sins and “sicknesses”. The work, the exchange, the gift is already paid for. We need to learn how to “receive” what the Lord has already provided or it can be helped along by a sudden miracle at a service or by a believer laying hands on the sick, as God’s Word clearly says. Everything we receive from God is by “faith”, including salvation. The actual word salvation includes, health, joy, abundance, peace, etc.

July 4, 2012 at 8:10 pm
(26) Carey says:

@Thomas, my friend ..you need to research scripture before spouting out things that are contradictory of it…Jesus said that He gave us the same authority He did while He was on this earth…and Remember when the deciples asked Jesus why that one guy was blind(I think it was the blind guy or paralyzed) and He told them He was actually like that so he COULD be healed…..anything that brings glory to God is a good thing…..as far as this woman’s healing….it looks real enough for me….

July 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm
(27) brian says:

i was paralyzed july 09 when i wrecked my harley. im with the other guy, after no movement for that many years it would take years of therapy to even lift her foot. so as a para its a total hoax. if she was an incomplete para then yes she might be able to walk. but like me a complete para…no way total bs

August 1, 2012 at 5:19 am
(28) Vickie says:

Yes, Brian, “in the natural” this would be true. But God does not exist in the natural. He exists in the supernatural and we can acces His supernatural, too. Apparently you are not a believer of the Bible, God’s guide of “all truth” for us. His truth can change the “facts”. Check out Andrew Wommack Ministries and click on healing testimonies. These are indivuals like you and me who have been healed through the power of God. They are not preachers or such, just ordinary people who beat extradinary odds and circumstances.I dare you to “only believe” as Jesus said!

Hebrews 11:3 “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”

September 10, 2012 at 2:43 pm
(29) Vickie says:

Good preachin’, John, but next time maybe limit capitalizing satan’s kingdom and his name. He is “little” all the way, and many books I read now, I see they do not even capitalize his name, tho that is proper in our language, because we wish to show him no respect or give him any credit.God’s Kingdom is the only one worth anything! And yes, healing is for today, for He is the same, yesterday, today, and forever!

September 29, 2012 at 9:50 am
(30) andrew says:

if she wasn’t in a motorized wheelchair 23 years in a standard model would leave her with python arms.. i went to bible college with a girl who is cerebral palsy, she beat every boy in our dorm arm wrestling except one. let me see a video of her arm wrestling a skeptical male, and i’ll believe.

September 29, 2012 at 4:23 pm
(31) Vickie says:

Andrew, you’ll believe what? I don’t understand your comment.

October 7, 2012 at 5:42 pm
(32) Linn Lee says:

Praise God! Each time I have seen this video of Delia Knox the goodness of God brings me to tears. Why would anyone try so hard to disbelieve in the goodness and love of God? I agree there are many things we don’t understand in life – but then again – who would even want a God Who was no bigger than his or her understanding? WE HAVE AN AWESOME GOD AND AN AWESOME DADDY!

December 19, 2012 at 8:15 pm
(33) L.A.D says:

I was there and I can tell you, there was NOTHING fraudent about her healing. And today she is strutting in stillettos! Some will believe and some won’t……nothing new under the sun.

January 6, 2013 at 7:12 pm
(34) I Believe says:

As far as muscle atrophy, my husband is paralyzed, a complete injury, but keeps his muscles in shape through functional electrical stimulation. We are so happy for you Delia! Glory to God!

February 5, 2013 at 12:41 pm
(35) Anita says:

I know it was real! I’ve been paralyzed for 9 years, and my legs have not shriveled up, and the reason she wasn’t in an electric chair is because she had complete use of her hands (Paraplegic). I am in an electric chair because I am a quadriplegic and don’t have good use of my hands to turn the wheels. Delia had just witnessed a child being healed and it increased her faith enough to be able to stand. When God gave her the ability to stand, he healed her legs, too. In the Bible when the disciples were at the gate and saw the lame man, Peter said, “Silver & Gold have I none, but such as I have I give you freely…take up thy bed and walk”. It’s because of unbelievers that more people are not being healed today, even in the churches. I’m preparing myself to walk to. God is no respecter of persons. So you who don’t believe, I hope you never need to be healed.

February 5, 2013 at 12:48 pm
(36) anita says:

I would love to talk to any of you who might know how I could get in touch with Delia…I would love to have her pray for me and tell me about her experience because I want to have the same thing happen to me. You can reach me at anita@fm94.com. Thank you! And may God Bless You!

February 5, 2013 at 3:23 pm
(37) Yannik says:

This is 100% a Miracle, No Hoax. I am a Quadriplegic, paralysed from neck down and I know her situation so before stating an opinion, try to get the real fact. The difference between a complete and incomplete injury has a huge conquence on the mobility and the only way to know that is true an X-Ray or CT Scan,

- A complete injury = A complete severing of the Spinal Cord. *The person will not regain function usually and the person have way less mobility than a person with an incomplete injury.

– An incomplete injury = The Spinal Cord may be crushed but not severed completely. ** The person can sometimes regain a little bit of sensation and/or movement but very limited.

From her Medical Report, Delia Knox was a Paraplegic with a Complete Injury. For 22 years, she was in Wheelchair. I want to mention that after only one year without moving, you lose all your Muscle density, you get contracture joint & muscle, circulation of blood slows down and you get complication & more.

This woman is the real deal and I hope that her story will continue to inspire people and know that God does Miracle everyday and whether you accept it as the Truth or Not, I have no control over that!

February 23, 2013 at 4:22 am
(38) Linda says:

I met Delia when she attended my church periodically somewhere in the early ’90s. I didn’t even know she sang because she never was self promoting, always sat in the back. I think she visited the church because no one knew who she was except some mutual friends of ours. She was always sunny, very independent in her wheel chair and wore leather gloves to protect her hands. I always loved her disposition.
It wasn’t until years later, seeing her in a concert that I realized she was a singer.
When I heard that she was healed I looked up the video. Obviously she hadn’t moved her legs for years – they were thin (trust me) and atrophed. It took her a time of rehabilitation after the healing to be able to learn to walk again and put weight on her legs.
She is the real deal. It is GOD and only God. Let the Pharisees focus on the Healer and Him alone.

April 12, 2013 at 9:24 am
(39) Chris says:

I was at the meeting and around her…her legs were not “normal.” Her legs were much smaller than they should have been for a woman her height, weight, and build. Plus, a news agency (Date-Line I think it was) did an interview days later. They did their research and everything regarding her was absolutely true: she was paralyzed. The news clip aired before the healing was complete, so they poked at the fact that she wasn’t “completely healed.” However, about a week after the interview aired and about a month after her initial leg-movement she came out walking, singing, dancing, and jumping “completely healed.” It was all true; although, Date-line never did a follow-up:-) When miracles occur in our culture it is natural to be skeptical because of all the junk out there, but I have seen more than this one. God doesn’t have to “prove” anything to anyone…He already did and does everyday. It is we who must prove something. That’s why we must have faith. Jesus never healed anyone! Go back and read it in the Word. He would say that their own faith healed them (“Go, YOUR faith has made you well.”). The reason it is up to our faith, is because God HEALS we just have to tap into His power by faith. No, she was definitely healed. I have found that the non-believers do so because to believe holds them accountable…they have no one to blame for their lack except themselves if they DO believe. Why doesn’t everyone see this more often? Because only those who “seek” will ever “find.”

July 28, 2013 at 9:31 am
(40) anonymous says:

I know someone that personally has known her for years and this is genuine. If you think about it, why would someone fake being in a chair for 22.5 years? Seriously, 22.5 years? She was genuinely paralyzed and God raised her up from the chair. If you only believe! Jesus is Savior, he died for our sins, he came to be our spiritual and physical healer and His name is above all others. She is now up walking, dancing, singing, and everything else that standing people can do.

September 4, 2013 at 10:11 pm
(41) Warren52NZ says:

Let’s see God heal an amputee. There could be no doubt if that happened. You can’t explain that away with coincidence or modern medicine. Somehow I don’t see that happening.
I wonder why. Is there not a single amputee in the world who’s worthy of God’s grace?

December 6, 2013 at 7:32 pm
(42) Lula Porter says:

I was there the first night this guy preached. I brought a friend who spends much of her time in a wheelchair. We got there early and I saw a man get out of a pickup, pull a wheelchair out of the back and sit in it.
Later we were beside that same man when Nathan came by praying for people. The men guiding him, bypassed my friend and sent Nathan to this man I had seen. After Nathan prayed, the man got up and walked … a ‘miracle’. I cried out and the man holding the wheelchair refused to look at me!!!! My friend and I left. There was a woman in a wheelchair like this lady’s. From what I saw, she was really unable to walk.

December 29, 2013 at 6:17 pm
(43) Pastor108 says:

Our family attended the church where her husband Bishop Knox and his wife Delia Pastored. People will believe what they will about whether this was a bonified miracle or a hoax and debate it for years to come. I seriously doubt that it matters to Delia Knox your thoughts of disbelief should you be a doubter as she is walking! If you had attended their church you would know there was a wheel chair lift installed for her to get to the platform. A lot of pre-arranging for a hoax, don’t you think? I know as well as the rest of this family that Delia Knox was indeed confined to that wheel chair and was not able to walk. I have seen her since walk the steps to the same platform she used to ride a lift to in a wheel chair! To disbelieve the miracle is to say that the Knox’s have no credibility in the ministry which would be totally a falsehood too. They are two of the finest people that we know in the ministry and seek only to bring glory to a God that loves His creation. Just Saying….It is a true miracle

January 5, 2014 at 1:54 am
(44) Keith says:

I prayed for 27 years God I want to serve you and be happy and nothing happened. The day I prayed and said God all I want is to serve you is the day God replied back saying finally. I knew exactly what he meant. I had put a stipulation of me being happy for me to serve him. God loves us unconditionally. I was trying to get him to love me and make me happy. Wrong answer. It is not through power or might that we move Gods hand for our cause and see miracles happen. It is when we fill our hearts with true love and compassion for others. Just like this beautiful woman of His did for the children. Then God healed her. Thank you Jesus.

January 10, 2014 at 6:50 pm
(45) Scott says:

I Know Bishop Levy and Delia Knox and have for several years and when she was in the wheel chair she wasn’t faking and not now either no hoax to it there is no way to deny it as a miracle of God.

March 3, 2014 at 5:48 pm
(46) Mabel martinez says:

I myself have a disability due to a car accident. I met Delia back in approximate 2003 at Christ tabernacle as a Christian singer as a paraplegic. This is truly God. To him belongs power and all the glory.