1. Religion & Spirituality
Phylameana lila Desy

Walk-in Theories and Soul Possession

By March 5, 2009

Visit the Holistic Healing Poll Center

walk-inThis season, the writers of the television show Ghost Whisperer have been creating a very interesting storyline about walk-in souls. Actress, Jennifer Love Hewitt plays Melinda Gordon, who has the ability to see and talk to spirits. Melinda's husband, Jim Clancy (portrayed by David Conrad) dies at the end of last season. In this year's season of The Ghost Whisperer Jim's soul is reluctant to leave Melinda behind and refuses to walk into the light. Instead, Jim's soul decides to inhabit the body of another man just as he is dying and the soul has vacated its body.

A walk-in is very different than soul possession, when a soul will temporarily jump in and take over control of a physical body for trance communication or something else. A recent episode of The Medium entertained viewers with a snatched body storyline. In this episode psychic medium Allison DuBois loses time, during the lost hours a recently murdered soul manipulates Allison's body, taking action to seek revenge on her assailant. Patricia Arquette is the actor who portrays Allison in this very intriguing psychic detective show. Walk-in and soul jumping make for entertaining television that is for sure.

What is a Walk-in?

A Walk-in happens when there is a contractual agreement between two souls to swap places. One soul exits from the human body and re-enters the spiritual realm. The second soul walks into the physical body and takes over the current life midstream. This transition can take place immediately, OR sometimes the souls will share the body for a time. This allows the soul that wishes to depart to stick around for a short while to offer the new soul an introduction or cram-session about the life it is about to take over. photo of Jennifer Love Hewitt and David Conrad : Frederick M. Brown/Stringer / Getty Images

~ Affirmation of the Day ~
~ Healing Lesson of the Day ~

Join Me on Facebook | Get My Twitter Updates

Comments
March 10, 2009 at 9:32 am
(1) Mari says:

I believe in this walk-in theory… i know of a particular case very close to me where this happened. It’s a bit overwhelming to understand….but definately possible.

March 10, 2009 at 9:55 am
(2) Blissful says:

I was skeptical about walk-ins for many many years, but I believe that someone who was very close to me became a walk-in.
It may be hard to believe in an intellectual level, but I absolutely “feel” it is possible.

March 10, 2009 at 10:39 am
(3) sunny says:

I’ve been around for a long time in the New Age movement and met a gal several years ago named Alice who claimed she died of cancer and a walk-in deposited in her body…her closest friends also confirmed it. AND the walk-in was ‘male’ which explained why I always felt she was checking me out all the time. “Alice” was a veeeery strange person in many ways which years later and after much seeing and prayer on it, I really felt Spirit said she had opened herself to an demonic entity that SAID it was a walk-in. And there were times when the true Alice would express fear and confusion to me..People really need to be careful at believing all the New Age as some is just simply CRAP and dangerous.

March 10, 2009 at 6:06 pm
(4) Elizabeth says:

Valley of the Sun,publishing, established several years ago; by one Ricahrd Sutphen.
Ruth Montgomery, wrote several books; with the assist of her guides. One was Threshold to tomorrow. this book has the chapter on
mr. Sutphen and Ed Morrell. It is the account of Ed Morrell becoming Dick Sutphen. I saw Dick last year when he was here. We talked about the book and I found him a copy, and sent it too him. His reply was delightful.
Dick will be 72 this year. I don’t know if we sahll meet again, on this side of life. Peace and light to all,

March 11, 2009 at 12:50 am
(5) Julie says:

Ruth Montgomery also wrote a book called Strangers Among Us which goes into detail about walk-ins.

March 12, 2009 at 10:46 am
(6) Anne says:

I can state unequivically that the person who gets “walked into” does not always know ahead of time nor do they necessarily agree to anything. It can happen that way and has to me. I think it was an enery that wanted me to know the truth. It wasn’t a mean or malicious energy at all. I appreciate what it did for me. I sure didn’t at the time and for many years to follow. But I do now. Thanks crazy ghost person!

May 11, 2009 at 3:17 pm
(7) Anne says:

You are wrong in some of your idea’s according to my experience. There was no agreement on my part. Also, It happened immediately there were no trances or anything of the sort I was quit lucid during the channel or possesion whatever you want to call it. A spirit entered my person and I was totally aware instantly of what was happening and was watching thru my eyes. There’s a lot more to it then that but, I’ll keep it short. It was incredibly valuable experience for me. I’m so grateful now, although I wasn’t for may years. People who make the theories should be people who have experienced it don’t you think? How can someone who hasn’t experienced it, possible relate. I know I couldn’t had it not happened to myself. Never think in a box when it comes to the spirit world. alway keep your mind open there cause it’s crazy. Believe that.

September 2, 2009 at 8:49 am
(8) anne says:

I”m sorry my comments were on possession not “walk ins” my boo boo. I said Boo boo ha!

January 27, 2010 at 6:02 am
(9) robert says:

Either I made it all up or it is real, All I know is that something strange happened to me and is still happening to a certain degree but now it is not as confusing as it was at first. It all started when I had been experimenting with electromagnetic devices that would display gravitational properties that caused the whole mechanism and the surrounding area to display weight and time differences when under work load.
I was interested in where all this was leading and asked out loud this question one afternoon while by myself in my workshop,” What else is there to all this and what does it all mean”. After asking this question I felt I deserved an answer, and what I got was an overwhelming rush of emotions that sent me to my knees. It seemed that I had lost control of myself and started crying and laughing at the same time, because all of a sudden I felt that I was given all the answers to all the questions that I had every asked or even had thought about asking. You know the kind of questions that can’t be answered without possing new questions based on their answers. Well even those were answered, and it all was so mind boggling and simple at the same time. An epiphany of sorts if thats what you can call it was happenibg to me and I was not sure how to deal with it. I thought that I had lost my mind and was going to have to run away and go live in the hills or something, because I felt that I knew too much and had better not say anything to anybody about my new found understanding of everything. It was as if the new found knowledge was some kind of old universal wisdom that was supposed to be for everyone but not everyone knew how to attain it. So I felt that I had to tell at least someone about my new found wealth of knowledge. The problem became appearant when I tried to describe the wisdom that had been laid upon me to my closest friends. They all looked at me as if I was crazy and none of them seem to know what to say about the pearls of wisdom that I was spewing forth like some kind of mad holy guru or jesus wannabe. I could tell that there was something new in my way of being that hadn’t been there before, but I could not discern what it was. Had I all of a sudden attained enlightenment or was I just me having somekind of mental breakdown or something else, It felt like an unseen force or spirit was guiding me to do the right thing and go out and tell the whole world of my new heart felt wishes to save everyone the greif of not knowing who and what about everything. But I could not muster up the proper words no matter how hard I tried without appearing like like some kind of religous mental case.
All I know is that “It” changed me and I have to say for the better, because now I see, hear, feel and live in a more positive and humble manner than before and I am able to show compassion and understanding to things that I never would or could have before.

April 14, 2010 at 2:25 am
(10) Connie says:

I believe in the soul walk-in. Over the past several years become understandable to me when I discovered soul walk-in and what it is. What a relief to discover what had happened. The experience was very traumatic. I did not know anyone. Whew. I still do not know anyone but I feel I am no longer a stranger. I love the outside. To breath air and see the sky. Lovely. Wherever I was before I know I did not have that. Know to figure out what I am to do now. This has to be the ultimate soul experience.

July 30, 2010 at 2:30 am
(11) Amanda says:

I am a walk-in into Amanda’s body. It happened almost 5 years ago. The challenge is to be able to deal with her past as well as those she knew. It happened so fast and it took me almost a year to realize what had happened. It was an awakening or “rebirth”. In 2008, I ran into someone who told me about soul walk-ins. I had already been saying, “Amanda left the building”.

I am not comfortable being in this body or looking in the mirror because I only see a woman who looks like Amanda. Who am I? This is the question…..

Try telling this to a psychiatrist….More and more walk-ins are coming in to help others transform during this spiritual shift. We are finding one another and in America this is not easy.

Thank goodness for the internet.

Eternal Peace to all!

Amelia

September 2, 2013 at 7:21 pm
(12) Renee says:

I have always believed deceptions of any kind are not of God. So how can Walk-Ins be anything but deception to those people who knew them for who they were? Suddenly, you are not having sex with your husband because he bailed out of his body and someone walked in?
This is soo wrong and I think its a deception. Any walk-in is taking a body they have NO right too!
I believe a personality change happens from a Multiple or singular personality disorder. Your personality from a past life will take control if a personality you have is not working for you. It’s not another entity.

September 2, 2013 at 7:31 pm
(13) Renee says:

Wak-ins are nothing more than body possessions. Body snatchers. Deception totally. If you are a walk -in , how can you justify taking over another souls body to deceive their family? How can you be grateful? Oh, I know! You have the body! What can the other soul say to that if they are not even there anymore? I do not believe they are grateful.
PS, YOU are not your Body. You are a soul with a body, not the other way around. So who exactly are you helping by using someone else s body? Its not the body that’s on a mission. Its the soul. Why not just get your own body for your special mission? They are not hard to come by , WTY!

September 2, 2013 at 7:34 pm
(14) Renee says:

Soul is not the body. No such thing as soul jumping. Even mediums know entities do not enter anyone’s souls.