1. Religion & Spirituality
Phylameana lila Desy

The Secret: Ask, Believe, Receive

By January 10, 2007

Affirmative Project: Day 10

Ask. Believe. Receive. These are the three steps to achieving your intentions.

Ask - You must know what you want. I mean, really know what you want. The universe can't deliver without first knowing what it is that you want to have manifested into your life.

Believe - You need to truly believe that what you are asking for will become yours. Doubts need to be pushed away. The idea that failure is a possibility will mess up the delivery.

Receive - It is important that you become an active player in reaching your goals. When opportunity comes your way you must not hesitate. Grab the brass ring when it appears.

These three steps seem simple enough. The step that I personally have had the most difficult with applying is asking. How about you? Answer my poll, and/or share your comments.

The Creative Process as portrayed in The Secret (extended version).

Affirmation of the Day

----------------------------------------------------------
What is the Affirmative Project?
Daily journal postings beginning January 1 focusing on my New Year's resolution "I resolve to live in a more affirmative light in the coming year."

Affirmative Project Journal Entries

Click “Comments” below to share your thoughts on this post.

Stay up to date with me (Phylameana) and holistic healing: Subscribe to my weekly newsletter. Also, you can Join me on Facebook or Follow me on Twitter.
Comments
January 12, 2007 at 9:57 am
(1) Janie says:

The most difficult part of the ask/believe/receive process for me is believing I will actually receive what I desire. The doubt always creeps in. When that happens I use the ZPoint Process to immediately wash away the doubt, and I do receive!

January 12, 2007 at 4:54 pm
(2) Lisa says:

Believing is definitely the hardest part for me – not only that I will get it but also that I deserve it. I am working on both of these aspects – practice makes perfect!

January 12, 2007 at 8:02 pm
(3) Christa Leduc says:

For over a year now, I pray daily for the healing of my stomach ulcer and acid reflux plus a number of other health problems and asking for an answer of what I can do to help the healing. I can’t take the usual remedies, because they have licorice root in them and I can’t take licorice, because I have glaucome. I am a vegetarian. I also do my daily affirmations. Sometimes I feel that I am on the mend, but as soon as I think that I am getting better, I have a backlash again. That makes me feel very frustated.

January 23, 2007 at 6:34 pm
(4) Dianne says:

Believing that it can really happen after I have stuffed so many times before,what is the ZP point?

February 26, 2007 at 1:51 pm
(5) Susan says:

I find it very hard to be specific about what I want or need. And I think it is that very specific part that is the most important.

March 23, 2007 at 6:03 pm
(6) Valery Riderburg says:

This message is for Christa Leduc that wrote a comment about her acid reflux problem… I had acid reflux too.. until I bought this book called Natural Cures.. anyways.. if you buy some Apple Cider Vinegar and take a shot glass of it in the morning and before you go to bed at night..Your acid reflux will go away for good.. it takes about a month before it completely disappears.. I take the apple cider vinegar.. and then drink some apple juice because the favor of the vinegar isnt great.. I hope you get this message, I have been spreading this remedy around to everyone I know..so when it works for you please spread the word.. Acid Reflux is a horrible thing to deal with.. Take care, Valery

November 17, 2007 at 12:32 pm
(7) herman says:

I am new to this concept but am putting its laws into practice right now. I feel myself being receptive and want badly to change the course of my life. I am not afraid to ask. But that too is false. i find it hard to ask anything of others, i am more of a giver than a taker and have always believed that all that you give will come back to you in some form or another. But i have asked and the hard part for me is keeping up the belief that what i want will all be mines. believing has it moments. accepting too is hard when you don’t know how to or even recognize it when it comes. But I am keeping a positive side and going thru all the motions of performing the laws and know that i will see improvement and results if i persist. this is but a new journey and i am determined not to fail.

December 5, 2007 at 12:07 pm
(8) Kittie says:

I have had an extreme life change this year, I became divorced this past year. I insist on life being good to me and all things are going to be good. a few months ago I told my sons of my stringent list of requirements for a compainion in my life they oth laghted and told me I better be ready to grow old alone, well I just smiled and said I believe 100% that the right man is out there. Well I do believe I have met him! the past month has been awsome, why because I ask I believed now I have recieved. see list below of my stringent requrements.

Truthful
loyal
affectionate
apreciative of a lot of attention
positive
clean
christian
supportive
trusting

December 9, 2007 at 6:14 am
(9) Wanadamu says:

I can ask and I do believe my issue is patience to recieve :-(

Also what is the ZPpoint process?

December 14, 2007 at 10:40 am
(10) wanadamu says:

I have found out what the zpoint process is. It is great and easy. if anyone would like to find out more about it, it is found on http://www.zpointprocess.com,

January 21, 2008 at 10:19 pm
(11) Regi says:

i think the hardest thing for me is the receiving part. It’s that i just I feel very impatient with the waiting process. But being in that wait period – that receptive state is where we are asked to have enough faith to be patient! It is hard but i really have to try to get this part down. My goal for 08 is to be patient with myself.

April 21, 2008 at 4:46 pm
(12) Navaid says:

For me the toughest part is Receiving. It becomes hard for me to act and grab the opportunity when it comes. I feel insecure and scared of the unknow results. Like what I am getting myself into etc. Hence I have never really recieved anything yet. I had a perception that you ask and then sit back and relax while the universe says to you, “Your Wish Is My Command” Unfortunately it didn’t happen that way and so I am dissapointed now

August 10, 2008 at 11:06 pm
(13) Jen says:

Believe is the most difficult. After asking what i want, before i could fully believe i can get and before i really could get, the problems arise first and keep rolling in.

September 22, 2008 at 3:45 pm
(14) Justin says:

wow..I was recomended to study on ‘the laws’ by a very intelligent friend of mine. Its quite funny what i have realized… its like ive always known that i need to work on all three of these, but ive never applied this. I need to realize that i am allowed to ask for something, rather than just feel worthless for not accepting this. There is no telling on what this will do to me (in a good way of course :D ). I suffer from manic depression, ocd, anxiety, and some other disorders that run strongly in my family. This is exactly what i needed (and im sure many others need) to get acess to what I want in life and how I will get it.

I need to believe that i can do something rather than just accepting that no one else believes I can. When i allow myself (and yes, i do mean ALLOW) to let the negatives in, I become my own worse enemy! XD

It’s quite humorous that this sillyness has overcome me for so long and i have let it go in circles. I have also prayed for my stomach problems [caused by stress, anxiety, and ulcers] to heal and have even lost so much hope that i have prayed for it all to end (literally).

I am so so so so happy my friend recommened me to this because I have seen how amazing he is because of this. I now realize why all of his advice always comes out to be so true-because its part of the laws!

much love to the writer

December 13, 2008 at 5:28 pm
(15) Martha says:

It is very important to be “Happy”. I think is very difficult to think negatively if you feel happy. Think about the moment. Forget about yesterday (it’s gone) and don’t worry about tomorrow (it hasn’t happened). Think about the good in the present moment. “BE HAPPY!” :)

December 23, 2008 at 2:59 am
(16) tizy says:

well I’m the living profe that everthing is possible-everthing,just belive!!!!The law of attraction work’s.We can be,do and have everthing in our life just ask-belive-recive!!!Have faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Blessings to all!!!!!!!

April 24, 2009 at 9:02 am
(17) Kourosh says:

I’m mostly in the first step. I truly believe in the law of attraction, but i always have doubt if what i desire is best for me. Sometimes i get something else instead of what i wanted which later find out that i got something better. That gives me a good sense to tolerate hard situations cause i know what i’m getting right now will help me in a better way in future.

October 17, 2009 at 4:54 pm
(18) DOC says:

I TRULY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MANIFEST MANY THINGS ,BUT THE ONE THING THAT I ASKED FOR AND ITWA PRESENTED TO MEWAS THE WOMAN I LOVE AND I SIMPLY DIDN’T TAKE GRASP THE SITUATION.

November 14, 2010 at 5:19 pm
(19) Burdley Colas says:

Ask-Believe-Receive
This Trinity is helping me a lot in achieving my goals. I was sort of lost I can say before I met this trinity in the Secret.
I want to add up when we are asking we ask the important things in our lives, because a lot of time we focus on small and definitely irrelevant things and left the great ones behind.
I am thankful for whomever take this article and paste it here.

November 21, 2010 at 8:01 am
(20) John Jorif says:

Scriptures support Ask, Believe, Receive. The following comment I believe holds the ingredient of Truth that feeds the positive outcome of our asking:

Ask-Believe-Receive
I am thankful for whomever take this article and paste it here.

Comment by Burdley Colas — November 14, 2010 @ 5:19 pm

To quote the above, “when we are asking we ask the important things in our lives, because a lot of time we focus on small and definitely irrelevant things. ” What then are the important, relevant things of this life? It seems to me these things are the eternal things. “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added onto you.”

March 2, 2011 at 1:32 pm
(21) Maurita Schattner says:

thanks, and keep up the good work

March 4, 2011 at 5:11 pm
(22) Rasheeda Spigelman says:

hopefully this comment doesn’t appear multiple times (it appears to freeze once i try to post my comment.. not certain if it’s really posting), but all I truly wanted to say was great post and thanks for sharing.

March 15, 2011 at 4:25 am
(23) econo forex says:

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

February 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm
(24) Jack says:

I would say in my own case the hardest part of it is “believe”, not just because doubt creeps in, but because I can’t distinguish that from “receive”, in terms of definition.

“Believe that it’s already yours” seems to be a shared maxim between the two.

June 28, 2012 at 7:43 pm
(25) Yerdua says:

Believing is the most difficult of the three, but the Law of Attraction does work. It worked for me and it can work for you.

November 2, 2012 at 8:57 am
(26) Pulza says:

Till i have known loa i never knew what i m asking for…. But always recieved what asked may be by chance.
Now i m working on the stability of my own desires unknown….:)

November 5, 2012 at 8:47 pm
(27) Marc says:

I would ask to say believing is my biggest struggle with LOA. I’ve been through a lot of disappointment in my life and am afraid of things going wrong. I’m trying hard to work on that so things will manifest easier and more quickly. My other issue with believing that I struggle with is answers to questions for certain situations, such as if a person desires to be married to a particular person, where did the person’s intended significant other marry someone else? I’m not sure how to answer that question or those like it and as such, it puts doubt into my mind. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, have you found answers to questions like the one I brought up?

April 5, 2013 at 10:37 am
(28) Gargi Jain says:

I find believing & receiving very easy but ask is difficult- as I leave it to the supreme power to decide what would be good for me- so I ask for guidance to make the right choices & decisions- the rest will follow!

May 19, 2013 at 9:47 am
(29) Christa says:

I have been asking for over a year now for a healing of a physical ailment. I truly belief in miracles and that nothing is impossible. So far I have not received any healing. I do positive affirmations and I am still hoping to be healed. I have read “The Secret” and I am telling myself if those people can heal, so can I. I am on a healthy vegan diet, but I am still waiting to be healed.